Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stakes Archive (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   8/10 (EVD): Evangeline Mile H. (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51456)

Kasept 08-07-2013 05:14 AM

8/10 (EVD): Evangeline Mile H.

10th (9:25) Evangeline Mile H.

1 Mile | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

1 1 Unitas Guidry M Brinkman Brett 116 L 8-1
2 2 It Happened Again Eramia R E Amoss Thomas 116 L 5-2
3 3 Sabercat Melancon G Asmussen Steven M 118 L 8-5
4 4 Sweetsouthernmoon Patin J W Jr Bourgeois Keith 115 L 10-1
5 5 Brethren Saenz D Asmussen Steven M 117 L 6-1
6 6 Arkansas Martini Simington D E Hawley Wesley 110 L 12-1
7 7 Smoke It Right Marquez C L Chatters Benard 115 L 5-1

Daily Double / Exacta / Quinella / Trifecta / Superfecta

Calzone Lord 08-07-2013 05:46 AM

The morning line odds of a timer malfunction have been set at 5/2.

EVD's timer (or the person responsible for overseeing it) is the biggest joke in all of horse racing, right now.

A single card almost never goes by without an egregious error. And many cards have multiple races where the timer posts unbelievable times that defy all logic.

I'm not talking about subtle errors or questionable times...I'm talking about errors that are so crystal clear, even a clueless neophyte who started following racing three weeks ago, would know that the time is BS.

cakes44 08-07-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 939283)
10th (9:25) Evangeline Mile H.

1 Mile | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $125,000

1 1 Unitas Guidry M Brinkman Brett 116 L 8-1
2 2 It Happened Again Eramia R E Amoss Thomas 116 L 5-2
3 3 Sabercat Melancon G Asmussen Steven M 118 L 8-5
4 4 Sweetsouthernmoon Patin J W Jr Bourgeois Keith 115 L 10-1
5 5 Brethren Saenz D Asmussen Steven M 117 L 6-1
6 6 Arkansas Martini Simington D E Hawley Wesley 110 L 12-1
7 7 Smoke It Right Marquez C L Chatters Benard 115 L 5-1

Daily Double / Exacta / Quinella / Trifecta / Superfecta

Pretty sure this guy hasn't won since the Sam Davis.

NTamm1215 08-07-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakes44 (Post 939288)
Pretty sure this guy hasn't won since the Sam Davis.

He won a race last summer at Remington. He's 1-13 since the Sam Davis.

PatCummings 08-07-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 939284)

EVD's timer (or the person responsible for overseeing it) is the biggest joke in all of horse racing, right now.

A single card almost never goes by without an egregious error. And many cards have multiple races where the timer posts unbelievable times that defy all logic.

I'm not talking about subtle errors or questionable times...I'm talking about errors that are so crystal clear, even a clueless neophyte who started following racing three weeks ago, would know that the time is BS.

I'm guessing the timer is manually triggered, which believe it or not, still occurs at some tracks. And when I mean manually triggered, someone with a button watching the race is actually starting and stopping the timer based on their vision of the race and horses nearing poles.

Yes - this is actually still happening in some places...

outofthebox 08-07-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 939284)

Have had multiple discussions with management about the problems and they seem to be on deaf ears. They won't even admit to where the problem lies. I asked them if it's important that the player has a fair chance at handicapping the races if the timer is off and their reply was that they can adjust the times on their own watch if they feel the times are incorrect..nice...

Danzig 08-07-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 939313)
Have had multiple discussions with management about the problems and they seem to be on deaf ears. They won't even admit to where the problem lies. I asked them if it's important that the player has a fair chance at handicapping the races if the timer is off and their reply was that they can adjust the times on their own watch if they feel the times are incorrect..nice...

:eek:

*crossing EVD off list of tracks to visit*

Calzone Lord 08-07-2013 06:20 PM

Here are but a few screen captures of examples...

It's truly a daily thing by the way ...

Calzone Lord 08-07-2013 06:21 PM

outofthebox 08-07-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calzone Lord (Post 939368)

My horse is on the lead in the second example from the top. I tried to explain to the powers that be, that it is impossible for a thoroughbred to run the second 1/4 in 21, around the turn no less.

Calzone Lord 08-07-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofthebox (Post 939369)
My horse is on the lead in the second example from the top. I tried to explain to the powers that be, that it is impossible for a thoroughbred to run the second 1/4 in 21, around the turn no less.

You want an amusing one from a couple of days ago...

A 30/1 shot filly won a maiden race ... if you watch the replay, they posted the final time well before she ever got to the finish line.

Obviously, she didn't run her final furlong in 11.43 seconds as the timer and equibase result chart say .... but don't tell that to a few other figure makers.

Anyway, making figures for EVD sucks. They've already screwed up a few of their major stakes races. The race Top Cat Boogie was burned up in was another race with a major timing screw-up.

PatCummings 08-07-2013 07:33 PM

Those examples aren't even consistent with themselves, which totally suggests human timer plunging is the daily method of operation.

Conrad 08-07-2013 09:30 PM

I live about 20mins from EvD and I rarely go...maybe twice a year, and that's always with friends who want to play the horses.
They post the final time before they cross the wire eh?...well, they could post the winners before the first race starts if they wanted too also.

Last month I had a state senator in my restaurant and he told me to play Mark Guidry the following night at EvD...he won five races and ran second twice, it was La Champs Night.

Danzig 08-07-2013 10:30 PM

half in .42 and change....
my oh my

almost as believable as the .52 half....
wow