Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dee Tee Stables (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Pompa takes majority of Toy Cannon; Mott to train (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42554)

Kasept 06-04-2011 09:13 AM

Pompa takes majority of Toy Cannon; Mott to train

It is with great pleasure and excitement that I can announce prominant owner Paul Pompa has taken a majority position in Toy Cannon. Dee Tee Stables retains an ownership interest in the Thunder Gulch colt, but relinquishes decision-making to Pompa in the deal. Pompa of course rose to prominance in racing over the last 15 years, achieving multiple Graded Stakes wins with the likes of Big Brown, Backseat Rhythm, Franny Freud, D'Funnybone and many more.

Partners will enjoy the same pleasures of involvement with Toy Cannon who will race as owned by 'Paul Pompa Jr. and Dee Tee Stables'. Toy Cannon is remaining with Woody Payne at Ingleside for his continuing development, and is likely to be trained by Bill Mott, Todd Pletcher or Chad Brown when he is ready to come to New York later this summer. I will Email partners with the details of our transaction with Pompa, but can say it is a very positive development for the Stable and its' future.

Steve

GBBob 06-04-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 781487)
It is with great pleasure and excitement that I can announce prominant owner Paul Pompa has taken a majority position in Toy Cannon. Dee Tee Stables retains an ownership interest in the Thunder Gulch colt, but relinquishes decision-making to Pompa in the deal. Pompa of course rose to prominance in racing over the last 15 years, achieving multiple Graded Stakes wins with the likes of Big Brown, Backseat Rhythm, Franny Freud, D'Funnybone and many more.

Partners will enjoy the same pleasures of involvement with Toy Cannon who will race as owned by 'Paul Pompa Jr. and Dee Tee Stables'. Toy Cannon is remaining with Woody Payne at Ingleside for his continuing development, and is likely to be trained by Bill Mott, Todd Pletcher or Chad Brown when he is ready to come to New York later this summer. I will Email partners with the details of our transaction with Pompa, but can say it is a very positive development for the Stable and its' future.

Steve

wow

Danzig 06-04-2011 10:28 AM

this was the one out of the group that really piqued my interest. good news for the stable.

dupasfan 06-04-2011 03:02 PM

Steve,
Are we still able to buy interest in Toy Cannon even though someone now has the majority interest?

Kasept 06-04-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dupasfan (Post 781646)
Steve,

Are we still able to buy interest in Toy Cannon even though someone now has the majority interest?

No. I'm sorry Will. He's sold out.

Reworked 3 horse package on the 2yo's features buy-in for 1% of City Zip ($750/share), 1% of Jo'burg ($500/share) and 1.5% of Rockport Harbor ($1,250/share) for $2,250 which is a 10% discount on one individual of each.

pweizer 06-04-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Steve

Does this mean we will have the same access to the Mott/Pletcher/Brown barn and the horse as we have always had with the Simon/Sciacca operations? If so, this is really great. But I would hate to lose that closeness.

Paul

BigBlue 06-04-2011 10:40 PM

Awesome.

Storm Cadet 06-09-2011 10:24 AM

and how does the minority part of the partnership now handle vet-trainers bills compared to our agreement with Gary?

thanks Steve!

pweizer 06-13-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Partners will enjoy the same pleasures of involvement with Toy Cannon who will race as owned by 'Paul Pompa Jr. and Dee Tee Stables'. Toy Cannon is remaining with Woody Payne at Ingleside for his continuing development, and is likely to be trained by Bill Mott, Todd Pletcher or Chad Brown when he is ready to come to New York later this summer. I will Email partners with the details of our transaction with Pompa, but can say it is a very positive development for the Stable and its' future. Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by pweizer (Post 781721)
Does this mean we will have the same access to the Mott/Pletcher/Brown barn and the horse as we have always had with the Simon/Sciacca operations? If so, this is really great. But I would hate to lose that closeness.

Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Cadet (Post 782907)
and how does the minority part of the partnership now handle vet-trainers bills compared to our agreement with Gary?

thanks Steve!

Steve--I know it has been a busy time but I have not yet gotten the email to partners and would like to know the answers to the other questions above as well.

Thanks for all you do.

Paul

Kasept 06-13-2011 08:10 PM

I've been in NY for a week, having stayed to attend the Intl. Race Day Medication Summit today after ATR. I'll get an Email out once I've gotten home. We'll be paying our respective share of the bills on Toy Cannon. We'll live by whatever barn access rules the trainer of Cannon employs.

pweizer 06-13-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 784252)
I've been in NY for a week, having stayed to attend the Intl. Race Day Medication Summit today after ATR. I'll get an Email out once I've gotten home. We'll be paying our respective share of the bills on Toy Cannon. We'll live by whatever barn access rules the trainer of Cannon employs.

Thanks Steve. Can you clarify what Paying our respective share of the bills means? I assume that will come out of whatever Pompa paid the partnership for the horse. If it means that we are now on the hook for bills beyond the original investment, this certainly changes things.

I will look forward to learning about the barn access rules of our new trainer. However, it is exactly that access which makes this partnership stuff so great.

You (along with Chuck and Gary) created something great in Dee Tee. Becuase things have worked so well, change is scary.

Paul

Kasept 06-15-2011 05:13 AM

Whatever barn Cannon goes to, we'll have no problem with visits. First, Gary is still in the mix to get Cannon, but Cherie (Chuck's long time assistant) is working for Chad Brown, so the only difficulty there is dealing with Cherie herself (:D). Jonathon Thomas (Pletcher's NY assistant) is a terrific guy and would make access there easy. And Billy Mott's barn is totally open to visitations. And yes, we're reserving funds from the purchase to cover our share of the expense until Toy Cannon (hopefully) earns.

bigdog_14086 07-07-2011 07:08 PM

Toy Cannon (2-Year-Old Colt)

This notice is to inform you that one or more of your horses has worked out.

Toy Cannon (2-Year-Old Colt)

Date: July 7, 2011
Track: INGLESIDE
Distance: Three Furlongs
Time: 38:21 Breezing
Track Condition: Fast
Surface: Dirt

smootsirvin 07-20-2011 07:30 AM

Who will train Toy Cannon?

Steve, any word yet on which barn?

Kasept 07-20-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smootsirvin (Post 792999)
Steve, any word yet on which barn?

As it happens, decision was reached earlier this morning: Bill Mott.

smootsirvin 07-20-2011 08:07 AM

AWESOME NEWS!! Thanks !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 793000)

Antitrust32 07-20-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasept (Post 793000)

that is great!!

go Toy Cannon Shell! hope he's a good one!

Storm Cadet 07-26-2011 05:37 PM

Steve,

I am bringing to SAR two of the new partnership owners Fri and Sat and they would like to visit our colts that might be/are at the track already.

Do we need to contact you Friday for NYRA backstretch passes to watch SAT AM workouts. I know they used to check all in my group at the entrance near the Horseshoe restaurant. And of course it would be great to find out if the colts would be on the main or SAR TT.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing you and the BBQ!

Ron

Kasept 07-26-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm Cadet (Post 795044)
Steve,

I am bringing to SAR two of the new partnership owners Fri and Sat and they would like to visit our colts that might be/are at the track already.

Do we need to contact you Friday for NYRA backstretch passes to watch SAT AM workouts. I know they used to check all in my group at the entrance near the Horseshoe restaurant. And of course it would be great to find out if the colts would be on the main or SAR TT.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing you and the BBQ!

Ron

Ron,

Toy Cannon isn't north yet. Still in VA and will work once more there before shipping to Mott.

Pal of Pals at Gary's barn on the Oklahoma. Past Parisella and Colum O'Brien, left of Contessa/Track Kitchen...

If they come in to Oklahoma off of Henning Rd., they can park by training track and walk over. I'll be available before 8a of after I get off TV.

See you Saturday~!

Kasept 08-01-2011 04:27 AM

Toy Cannon is on the van at this hour for the trip to Bill Mott's barn at Belmont..