Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Paddock (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Zito's barn isolated as precaution/herpes (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6708)

oracle80 11-08-2006 05:20 PM

Zito's barn isolated as precaution/herpes

http://www.drf.com/news/article/80356.html

Nick has to be absolutely angry right now.

paisjpq 11-08-2006 05:23 PM

WOW. I understand the motivation behind this of course but that really su cks for the Zito barn. I hope that the track told him that they were going to do this before he allowed the horses to ship in...otherwise that is total crap management.

oracle80 11-08-2006 05:25 PM

I'd pay good money to have a tape of the scene when he was informed of this. I'm quite sure it wasn't pretty, to say the least.

paisjpq 11-08-2006 05:27 PM

seriously, if the track told Nick ahead of time that they would quarantine his barn if he allowed the horses to ship in I think he would have figured out another option, which says to me that he just got totally hosed by management.:(
I just hope that they really DO get the results by Friday...

Kasept 11-08-2006 05:29 PM

Joe Orseno joining us on ATRAB right now for latest on Monmouth herpes situation..

http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com Click: LISTEN (left corner)

Cannon Shell 11-08-2006 05:29 PM

Scary stuff. Could shutdown racing on the whole east coast if this crap keeps spreading.

paisjpq 11-08-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Scary stuff. Could shutdown racing on the whole east coast if this crap keeps spreading.

which begs the question...how did those horses that were released from the hospital gain admission to Belmont? why not force them into quarantine somewhere else? I realize that the chance of them being sick is slim but in the interest of preventing spread it does not make sense to me that they would allow any horse that MIGHT have ANY exposure onto ANY track.

Cannon Shell 11-08-2006 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paisjpq
which begs the question...how did those horses that were released from the hospital gain admission to Belmont? why not force them into quarantine somewhere else? I realize that the chance of them being sick is slim but in the interest of preventing spread it does not make sense to me that they would allow any horse that MIGHT have ANY exposure onto ANY track.

Looks like someone dropped the ball!

Kasept 11-08-2006 05:40 PM

Orseno reporting that he is just off the phone with NJ authorities who told him the latest horse who had been thought this weekend to have neurological herpes has tested negative and Monmouth trainers are free to ship out as of tomorrow...

paisjpq 11-08-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardus
It couldn't be that Zito has a little bit of a temper, now would it?

he's a lamb....:D

oracle80 11-08-2006 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardus
It couldn't be that Zito has a little bit of a temper, now would it?

No, not him, never.:eek:

eurobounce 11-08-2006 06:38 PM

Zito is on his way down anyway. He is starting the Lukas downward spiral. In about 10 years, we will be talking about how good he once was.

eurobounce 11-08-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I don't know about this one. He just had his most successful Saratoga meet in a long time if not ever.

Yeah I know--but he will fall my from the heavens. No fault of his own, just the way things work. I like the guy. I really really do. I will never forget the time he and I went to the movies during Derby week in 1996. Funniest thing ever. I told him that night that LQ was going to win the Preakness. Nick is a super man and a great trainer, but he is starting the begin of his decline.

Cannon Shell 11-08-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurobounce
Yeah I know--but he will fall my from the heavens. No fault of his own, just the way things work. I like the guy. I really really do. I will never forget the time he and I went to the movies during Derby week in 1996. Funniest thing ever. I told him that night that LQ was going to win the Preakness. Nick is a super man and a great trainer, but he is starting the begin of his decline.

Well I guess that he better quit now to save his legacy

oracle80 11-08-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurobounce
Zito is on his way down anyway. He is starting the Lukas downward spiral. In about 10 years, we will be talking about how good he once was.

Your a ****ing idiot most of the time, do you realize that?

Pointg5 11-08-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle80

Kycherub didn't realize it, why should this version be any different...

eurobounce 11-08-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oracle80

It is just my opinion is all. Lordy be. I could be wrong, I could be right. I could be neither. It is just an opinion is all.

oracle80 11-08-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointg5
Kycherub didn't realize it, why should this version be any different...

You are right, Kycherub used that exact same language about Nick.
I forget that this stench is actually Cherub. Imagine a guy who owns one cheap plug criticizing and waxing poetic about what he feels will be the decline of the one games true greats? As if anyone actually gives him any credibility in these topics?
This is the same clown who said he was by Gorella's barn after her last race and that I was a fool for saying she would bounce hard off the race, he said she looked great, took nothing out of her, blah blah blah. She bounced like a ping pong ball and proved once again what Euro knows about racing you could write on the back of a ****ing postage stamp.
Stick to those plugs ok Cherub? Don't get out of your league bashing a guy like Nick.