Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kagan ? (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36017)

Rupert Pupkin 05-11-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antitrust32 (Post 646298)
Actually, if you read into it a little.. you will find out that Harvard has an anti-discrimination policy, which she felt, and over 30 other colleges also felt the exact same way, that DADT violated her school's policy. (she is correct there)

AND, she didnt ban them from campus.. She banned them for having an office building on campus.

She had every right to stand up for her school's policy and for what is right. If people never stood up for what is right, nothing good would ever happen.

She obviously did not have every right to do it and that is why she lost unanimously when the case went to the Supreme Court.

In terms of "standing up for what is right" and "what is moral", that is completely subjective. If I am the Governor of California and I am opposed to abortion because I think it is immoral, should I try to shut down abortion clinics, even though abortion is legal in California?

AeWingnut 05-11-2010 04:00 PM

Owebomba likes to nominate people that have been overruled by the Supreme Court and are completely unqualified for the position. (just like him)

I'm certain she is a good little Marxist

and she will be treated with more respect than she deserves or would get if she were a republican nominee.

GBBob 05-11-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut (Post 646309)
Owebomba likes to nominate people that have been overruled by the Supreme Court and are completely unqualified for the position. (just like him)

I'm certain she is a good little Marxist

and she will be treated with more respect than she deserves or would get if she were a republican nominee.

You mean she'll be named Chief Justice too?

dellinger63 05-11-2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 646322)

No but she won't be grilled about Long Dong Silver or a pubic hair on a coke can like the Republican nominee not to mention a Republican nominee of color.

AeWingnut 05-11-2010 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 646322)

I mean she will not be threatened with gang rape like Sandra (no talent unfunny hack) Bernhard did with Sarah (more qualified to be president than Owebomba) Palin

GBBob 05-11-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut (Post 646335)
I mean she will not be threatened with gang rape like Sandra (no talent unfunny hack) Bernhard did with Sarah (more qualified to be president than Owebomba) Palin

Since I disagree with everything you wrote, I will pass:wf

AeWingnut 05-11-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 646331)
No but she won't be grilled about Long Dong Silver or a pubic hair on a coke can like the Republican nominee not to mention a Republican nominee of color.

funny how people believe Anita Hill but Kathleen Willy, Juanita Broderick and Paula Jones are all lying whores :rolleyes:

GBBob 05-11-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut (Post 646339)
funny how people believe Anita Hill but Kathleen Willy, Juanita Broderick and Paula Jones are all lying whores :rolleyes:

Obviously, they didn't believe her.

Antitrust32 05-11-2010 05:08 PM

Who / what is Owebomba??????? Is that a name of a song or something?

Danzig 05-11-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miraja2 (Post 646302)
:tro:

lol
thanks miraja. i actually had a guy say the other day he couldn't handle being with someone like me-i'm too 'feisty'. lmao. his wife is great, but she's far from feisty.

Danzig 05-11-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin (Post 646294)
It was nor her job to impose her views on everyone else. If she thinks that DADT is immoral, that is fine. She is entitled to her opinion. But it was not her place to try to keep the military off campus because of her disapproval of DADT.

Talk about immoral. It was immoral for her to try to restrict access to campus to a group that is entitled by law to have access to the campus.

DADT in my opinion is not only immoral, but unconstitutional. your analagy about being governor and barring clinics doesn't really apply either, since california isn't a private college. i can't say i blame harvard for making it difficult for the military to recruit, considering said military is discriminatory in this respect. it pains me to be critical, as i generally am supportive of my former employer. however, they are out of line on this. i hope it changes soon.

as for kagan-it seems to me that those of the other party than obama are shrilly hollering she's unfit, while feverishly searching for a reason why. if this case is the best they can do, i think she'll be passed with flying colors.

miraja2 05-11-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646378)
lol
thanks miraja.

Well, everything you said is entirely accurate. The blatantly sexist way in which a strikingly large number of people (primarily, but not exclusively, men) respond in situations like this is ridiculous.

timmgirvan 05-11-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646378)
lol
thanks miraja. i actually had a guy say the other day he couldn't handle being with someone like me-i'm too 'feisty'. lmao. his wife is great, but she's far from feisty.

:eek: Stepford wife....obviously;)

AeWingnut 05-11-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646380)
DADT in my opinion is not only immoral, but unconstitutional. your analagy about being governor and barring clinics doesn't really apply either, since california isn't a private college. i can't say i blame harvard for making it difficult for the military to recruit, considering said military is discriminatory in this respect. it pains me to be critical, as i generally am supportive of my former employer. however, they are out of line on this. i hope it changes soon.

as for kagan-it seems to me that those of the other party than obama are shrilly hollering she's unfit, while feverishly searching for a reason why. if this case is the best they can do, i think she'll be passed with flying colors.

other than having real Americans saying she isn't qualified -
Are there reasons for her to be a Supreme Court Justice?

AeWingnut 05-11-2010 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBBob (Post 646338)
Since I disagree with everything you wrote, I will pass:wf

you drank the water?
there's nothing we can do
there's no one we can call

AeWingnut 05-11-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antitrust32 (Post 646341)
Who / what is Owebomba??????? Is that a name of a song or something?

yes - it's a song like Kumbaya

dellinger63 05-11-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miraja2 (Post 646416)
Well, everything you said is entirely accurate. The blatantly sexist way in which a strikingly large number of people (primarily, but not exclusively, men) respond in situations like this is ridiculous.

Wow never knew pointing out lack of experience was sexist.

Danzig 05-11-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeWingnut (Post 646438)
other than having real Americans saying she isn't qualified -
Are there reasons for her to be a Supreme Court Justice?

exactly what does your first sentence mean?

Danzig 05-11-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 646445)
Wow never knew pointing out lack of experience was sexist.

:rolleyes:

Rupert Pupkin 05-12-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 646380)

You say DADT is "immoral and unconstitutional". Many people say the new law in Arizona is "immoral and unconsititutional". People sure love to throw out the line "immoral and unconstitutional" when they disagree with something.

I think banning PG1985 from this board was "immoral and unconstitutional". LOL.