Derby Trail Forums

Derby Trail Forums (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Obama's support for Ground Zero Mosque (http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37785)

Riot 08-16-2010 09:50 PM

Here ya go, Dell. Took about 2 seconds. I count 15 mosques. Wow! That's sorta equal to the 15 "churches" of various denominations I got on another search that took about 2 seconds.

Freedom of religion. It's a great thing about America.

http://indyposted.com/37871/mosque-n...isting-mosque/

dellinger63 08-16-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 683991)
Here ya go, Dell. Took about 2 seconds. I count 15 mosques. Wow! That's sorta equal to the 15 "churches" of various denominations I got on another search that took about 2 seconds.

Freedom of religion. It's a great thing about America.

http://indyposted.com/37871/mosque-n...isting-mosque/

especially when you hit what is a supposed mosque and get nothing. More islamic BS just like their call to prayer that Obama calls the 'i want to cum in my pants Al Gore, Bubba style' song of the universe

Riot 08-16-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 683994)
especially when you hit what is a supposed mosque and get nothing.

Psst ... hey, Village Idiot. The story is not a clickable link. Try going to the original article (linked in the story). Or you can use Mapquest. On the internets.

dellinger63 08-16-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 683995)
Psst ... hey, Village Idiot. The story is not a clickable link. Try going to the original article (linked in the story). Or you can use Mapquest. On the internets.

like i said apartments w/carpet whether one of the 911 martyrs lived there or not is meaningless IMO.

BTW a block in NYC is about a 10 miles (hell 100) in Kentucky.

Riot 08-16-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 683996)
like i said apartments w/carpet whether one of the 911 martyrs lived there or not is meaningless IMO.

That's not what is listed.

Quote:

BTW a block in NYC is about a 10 miles
Sure, Dell. Now go take your medicine.

dellinger63 08-16-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 683997)
That's not what is listed.

Sure, Dell. Now go take your medicine.

just take a walk and see where you find the first cup cake for sale.

NYC WTC 2 blocks max.

Or go walk and get a beer.

NYC WTC 1 block max.

Compare that to where you are and get back to us.

Riot 08-16-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 684000)
just take a walk and see where you find the first cup cake for sale.

NYC WTC 2 blocks max.

Or go walk and get a beer.

NYC WTC 1 block max.

Compare that to where you are and get back to us.

It must be pretty fun in your brain.

Rupert Pupkin 08-17-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 683962)
Well, no, I don't "need" to answer anything. I think you "need" to educate yourself on this subject. If you had paid attention to any of the background in the news on this story at all, over the past months, you'd know that there are multiple mosques in that neighborhood, always have been, just as there are multiple churches in it. The group in question doesn't own "all" the mosques in that neighborhood, just like different congregations support different churches in that neighborhood.

I think the President was right to remind the haters that religious persecution of their fellow Americans is against the Constitution, and not what we stand for in America. That he had to do that is appalling and scary for this country.

If you listen to the President's comments from Saturday, it doesn't sound like he thinks it's a very good idea to put a mosque there. This is from the Wall Street Journal:

On Saturday, the president said, "I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque" near Ground Zero, he told reporters during a visit to the Gulf Coast. "I was commenting very specifically on the right people have that dates back to our founding."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...toWhatsNewsTop

Rupert Pupkin 08-17-2010 01:43 AM

Even Harry Reid is against them building the mosque:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ea41AD9HKOTM04

SCUDSBROTHER 08-17-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin (Post 684015)
If you listen to the President's comments from Saturday, it doesn't sound like he thinks it's a very good idea to put a mosque there. This is from the Wall Street Journal:

On Saturday, the president said, "I was not commenting and I will not comment on the wisdom of making the decision to put a mosque" near Ground Zero, he told reporters during a visit to the Gulf Coast. "I was commenting very specifically on the right people have that dates back to our founding."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...toWhatsNewsTop

Was pretty funny stuff. He got reminded about the poll numbers. I think he'd gladly pound the 1st nail. For him to be against that mosque being built, it would take his daughter's forced clit removal. Remember, he turned woman when the Turks started working on him. "Gin what? Gin n' Cider? "

Danzig 08-17-2010 06:01 AM

this is EXACTLY what i mean when i say it has nothing to do with religion:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38733523...deastn_africa/

they are terrorists first, last and always. killing fellow muslims is a sure sign that they are not motivated by religion. they are motivated by hate. we weren't attacked here because of a differing religion, but because they hate us. not because many here are christians, but because we're americans, because of what we stand for. after all, we have every religion known to man being practiced in this country.

Danzig 08-17-2010 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi_im_god (Post 683923)
http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ATE/100809871#

in a related story, the museum of irony opened a new exhibit on the museum of tolerance.

amazing. you'd think if anyone could empathize with the people trying to build it would bd a group who has dealt with intolerance in some form or fashion for thousands of years. i read previously that anyone similar to you is 'us', and everyone else is 'them'. that fits here; groups always seem to manage to find a 'them' to complain about.

but look, eleven pages on this thread that has everyone saying they know this group has every right, but still...and no talk of the economy or the jobless rate, or whether we should have a troop surge in afganistan, or anything else that actually has an impact on our daily lives, unlike this planned mosque.

Danzig 08-17-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER (Post 683793)
I don't think it's wrong to expect them to say they don't believe in the practices in the Koran that are against American Law. Don't think it's a page from their book to want them to say they respect our laws. I think people would be much more in favor of this location, if they would just do that. They won't, cuz they would be coming out against fellow Moslems. They want their cake, n' eat it too. We are guilty of letting them get away with it.

btw, whatever islamic followers may read, or believe, our laws still come first. just like you don't see anyone being sentenced to stoning for planting more than one crop in the same field (that's in the bible).

Danzig 08-17-2010 06:33 AM

from the washington post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...rss=rss_nation

Religious tolerance, then and now
Debating the Ground Zero mosque on the streets of D.C.
By Dana Milbank
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"To bigotry no sanction."
-- George Washington

"Peaceful Muslims, pls refudiate."
-- Sarah Palin

Two hundred twenty years ago today, the Jews of Newport, R.I., wrote a proclamation for President George Washington on his visit to their synagogue the next day.

"Deprived as we heretofore have been of the invaluable rights of free Citizens," the Jews wrote to their famous visitor, we now "behold a Government, erected by the Majesty of the People . . . generously affording to All liberty of conscience, and immunities of Citizenship: deeming every one, of whatever Nation, tongue, or language, equal parts of the great governmental Machine."

Washington's reply the next day, a simple letter titled "To the Hebrew Congregation in Newport," set a standard for religious tolerance that guided the nation through two centuries. Here is that message in its entirety -- along with some alternative thoughts on the topic occasioned by the proposed mosque near Ground Zero:

this point is ridiculous:

"There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia. The time for double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over. . . . Nazis don't have the right to put up a sign next to the Holocaust museum in Washington."

-- Newt Gingrich

so, newt, we are to act, base our laws, change our beliefs, because of saudi arabia? there is a reason so many want to come here, live here-it's because of our freedoms that aren't available elsewhere. again, good people do not change how they are, act, believe, based on bad actions of others. how can we try to prevail upon saudi arabia to grant freedoms, if we do not? we set examples, we don't follow others bad ones. standing up for an unpopular minority and their rights isn't an indication of weakness, but of strength and a belief in our ideals.

Antitrust32 08-17-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 683848)
i think they can try to justify it however they wish. i think they are using religion as a way to garner support from other believers in that faith. i don't care why they did it honestly. anyone engaging in criminal behavior should be treated accordingly. anyone who aids them should be as well. however, having been raised as catholic, i'd hate for someone to lump me in with child molesting priests or the church who allowed it.
what we need to be is very careful that we don't change our beliefs, our freedoms, because of the actions of a few rotten to the core people.

john adams was a lawyer who was asked to handle a very tricky case-this was pre-declaration of independance. he was asked to be council for the accused who was charged with instigating the boston massacre. now, just think about how unpopular that british soldier was, and how much grief adams knew he'd get if he took the case. hell, his own cousin samuel was the leader of the sons of liberty. but he knew that the rule of law had to prevail, and he took that case. and he won, the man was found not guilty. i'd rather we all follow his lead in this case. don't you think that's what should happen? are our laws, the very foundation of this country, to be ignored in this case, because the group concerned is unpopular, a minority group? i hope not. and how much does that piece of paper really mean if we aren't able to follow it when it is tough to follow? the right way isn't always the easy way. would it be easy for me to say, yes, ban them. don't build it! absolutely. but it would be wrong. nazis, kkk marches, i detest them. but they are allowed for a reason. what do we say when they occur? ignore it, don't give them the benefit of seeing you upset. it's what they live for. we have to be gender neutral, color blind, we must be the same when it comes to religion. we must be able to differentiate between a criminal, and a person. sharing this religion is not criminal. your actions make you so. unless someone breaks a law, they should be left in peace. it's what i'd want, it's what you'd want.

no I dont believe Americans should stop this mosque from being built. Yes, it is unconstitutional.

I would hope to believe that the Iman or whatever he's called, would have enough decency and respect to realize its a sensitive subject, and not try to build there.

Is that too much to ask? A little human decency from our Muslim brother?

Antitrust32 08-17-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dellinger63 (Post 683917)
and say prayers while they're dealing?

Knock knock reality calling!!!!

didnt you know that the fighting going on in mexico has nothing to do with gangs and drugs, but it is purely a fight based on Christianity? One groups thing priests should marry... other doesnt.

nothing to do with drug money at all.

Its just a big conspiricy.. the right wing news media doesnt WANT us to know the truth about Mexico.

Antitrust32 08-17-2010 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot (Post 683922)
No, Dell, I did not do what I accused Chuck of doing. I said Chuck was being disingenuous (and yes, he was). Lori is just a yapping internet troll.

Dr. Beth is just a yapping internet dumbass!

Antitrust32 08-17-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danzig (Post 684025)
this is EXACTLY what i mean when i say it has nothing to do with religion:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38733523...deastn_africa/

they are terrorists first, last and always. killing fellow muslims is a sure sign that they are not motivated by religion. they are motivated by hate. we weren't attacked here because of a differing religion, but because they hate us. not because many here are christians, but because we're americans, because of what we stand for. after all, we have every religion known to man being practiced in this country.

that is not true Zig. Its a well known fact that lots of Muslims dont like each other. Its based on religion too. Sunni Muslims, Kurd Muslins, Shiite Muslims.. they hate each other because they have differences with the Muslim religion.
America taking away Sadam (may his soul rot in hell) paved the way for increase violence between the Sunni's & Shiites because Sadam just scared everyone into submission. The hate between the Shiites and Sunnis goes back to the 600's when some Shiite killed some Sunni big guy (or vice versa)

& Remember Saddam's wasnt particularly nice to the Kurds (though I will admit that had to do more with power than religion.. though he did single out the Sunni Muslim, non-arab base (Kurds).

miraja2 08-17-2010 11:39 AM

I think building a mosque there is a terrible idea.
But then again, I'm actually annoyed any time anybody builds a mosque anywhere.
Of course, the same is true for a Roman Catholic church, a Protestant church, or a Jewish synagogue.
Rank ignorance and devotion to superstition annoys me...in all of its forms.

dellinger63 08-17-2010 12:13 PM

This time I'll put my faith in the hands of NYC Ironworkers who hopefully won't lift a finger for this project.