PDA

View Full Version : Bad time for Tv

somerfrost
06-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Unless it's sports or news, I seldom watch TV until the new season in the fall, several shows I really enjoy but I've seen most episodes and will wait for DVD's to catch the rest. IMO, the best on TV right now are:
1) Veronica Mars
2) House
3) Bones
4) Grey's Anatomy
Hopefully the new season will bring a couple more.
Movie wise, Underworld, Evolution is now available on DVD...I picked it up and actually caught a few things I missed on the big screen. Bloody and violent but very well done...I recommend it highly but should be seen after viewing the first one! Lots of DVD extras included!

Scav
06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Somer...'Saved' on TNT was pretty good last night

Buffymommy
06-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I recorded Saved, but haven't watched it yet. Is it better than Rescue Me?

Did you watch The Closer too scav?

Buffymommy
06-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Somer,

Love the shows you listed. My top four would be

1. Gilmore Girls (more of a girl show)
2. Boston Legal
3. House
4. Bones (obvious reasons. They need to put David in more scenes where he has a tank top on or is in slacks with the wind blowing...)

whorstman
06-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, with "The Shield" and "24" both over, I just watch a lot of Comedy Central.

GenuineRisk
06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
My favorites-- all of which are on hiatus:

Battlestar Galactica (I'm telling you all, you're missing a truly great show. Somer... one of the Buffy writers just joined the staff...)
Lost
Big Love (why, why am I so hooked? I know it's not from seeing Bill Paxton's bare bottom)

And Buffy on DVD any day of the week!

Okay, I love the Daily Show and the Colbert Report too, but they're not appointment television for me.

GenuineRisk
06-14-2006, 05:12 PM
And Somer, you're in Chambersburg? I grew up in Mechanicsburg and my grandparents were in Williamsport. Yay, Central PA!

somerfrost
06-14-2006, 07:49 PM
And Somer, you're in Chambersburg? I grew up in Mechanicsburg and my grandparents were in Williamsport. Yay, Central PA!
Yeah, born in Waynesboro, came back in 93 and bought our little farm in 2000 here in Chambersburg.

somerfrost
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM
My favorites-- all of which are on hiatus:

Battlestar Galactica (I'm telling you all, you're missing a truly great show. Somer... one of the Buffy writers just joined the staff...)
Lost
Big Love (why, why am I so hooked? I know it's not from seeing Bill Paxton's bare bottom)

And Buffy on DVD any day of the week!

Okay, I love the Daily Show and the Colbert Report too, but they're not appointment television for me.

I watch BG still, good show I admit...just never got hooked on it! After Firefly, all science fiction seems second-level to me! I spend more time watching DVD's than regular TV year around....Buffy, Angel, La Femme Nikita etc.

Byebyemermaid
06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Many new shows will be coming out this fall.Some of them are Kidnapped,Six Degrees,The brave ones,The Bedford Diaries and The Black Donnelys just to name a few.They have been doing more shooting at the studios i handle the last 1.5 years than the last 5 years.There are some productions that will be starting filming in July.Maybe a few of them will be decent.Hope and Faith was cancelled as well as Conviction.

AeWingnut
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
all of these shows are still on TV but they probably shouldn't be

just wanted to see how far back

Coach Pants
07-26-2010, 12:53 AM
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww102/medoublez/28t88ee.gif

letswastemoney
07-26-2010, 12:58 AM
Somer,

Love the shows you listed. My top four would be

1. Gilmore Girls (more of a girl show)
2. Boston Legal
3. House
4. Bones (obvious reasons. They need to put David in more scenes where he has a tank top on or is in slacks with the wind blowing...)
Gilmore Girls is a great show, for girls and guys! It's a shame they aren't any new episodes though. And I didn't like the ending because there was no definite conclusion to what happens between Luke and Lorelai

Coach Pants
07-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Uh dude...

somer committed suicide last year after he found out Whedon was focusing on masculine fantasy characters instead of fruity ones.

clyde
07-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Don't hunt this one....he is ITasteFunny.

letswastemoney
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Gilmore Girls honestly is a well written show. I did not enjoy the Rory (daughter) storylines. But I did enjoy the interaction between the "average guy" coffee shop owner Luke and "the mom" Lorelai.

Since Lorelai originally comes from a rich family, despite the fact she ran away when she was younger and lives modestly with her daughter Rory throughout the show's run, I just really wanted to see if a guy who has an average life running his coffee shop could win over a woman like Lorelai who has a rich and prestigious background.

Don't get me wrong, I think most shows aimed towards females are trash. I would never watch something like Twilight, the OC, etc etc etc

but Gilmore Girls was different. For the first 6 six seasons it was an excellent show. Then the writing tapered off a bit in the last season when there was less Luke and Lorelai interaction, but it was still okay.

RockHardTen1985
07-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Unless it's sports or news, I seldom watch TV until the new season in the fall, several shows I really enjoy but I've seen most episodes and will wait for DVD's to catch the rest. IMO, the best on TV right now are:
1) Veronica Mars
2) House
3) Bones
4) Grey's Anatomy
Hopefully the new season will bring a couple more.
Movie wise, Underworld, Evolution is now available on DVD...I picked it up and actually caught a few things I missed on the big screen. Bloody and violent but very well done...I recommend it highly but should be seen after viewing the first one! Lots of DVD extras included!

I have got into Pawn Stars on the History Channel.

RockHardTen1985
07-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Gilmore Girls honestly is a well written show. I did not enjoy the Rory (daughter) storylines. But I did enjoy the interaction between the "average guy" coffee shop owner Luke and "the mom" Lorelai.

Since Lorelai originally comes from a rich family, despite the fact she ran away when she was younger and lives modestly with her daughter Rory throughout the show's run, I just really wanted to see if a guy who has an average life running his coffee shop could win over a woman like Lorelai who has a rich and prestigious background.

Don't get me wrong, I think most shows aimed towards females are trash. I would never watch something like Twilight, the OC, etc etc etc

but Gilmore Girls was different. For the first 6 six seasons it was an excellent show. Then the writing tapered off a bit in the last season when there was less Luke and Lorelai interaction, but it was still okay.

I love Gilmore Girls, Rory is a legend.

Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a classic.

AeWingnut
07-28-2010, 07:09 PM
I thought VIP was a well written show