PDA

View Full Version : Chalk-Eaters Anonymous

blackthroatedwind
11-11-2006, 09:05 AM
In light of some recent predictions on this board I felt it was time for an intervention. I have started this room to help those that can't get out of their own way stumbling to the typewriter or window in order to predict the imminent victory of overbet favorites.

Repeat after me....I am ______________ and I am a chalk-eater.

SentToStud
11-11-2006, 09:07 AM
lol. friends don't let friends eat chalk.

Cunningham Racing
11-11-2006, 09:20 AM
This is comedic coming from a guy who I have heard give favorites SEVERAL times on ATRAB that were nowhere to be found in the race....funny stuff

blackthroatedwind
11-11-2006, 09:20 AM
lol. friends don't let friends eat chalk.

So true.

I may have to award you the coveted five rattles.

blackthroatedwind
11-11-2006, 09:21 AM
This is comedic coming from a guy who I have heard give favorites SEVERAL times on ATRAB that were nowhere to be found in the race....funny stuff

The first step is the hardest Joel. I certainly didn't expect you to admit to your problem right away.

However, I consider your coming to the meeting a good start.

Cunningham Racing
11-11-2006, 09:32 AM
I GUARANTEE you bet more faves than I do - no doubt in my mind really.....Prove that I took any chalk aside from Bernie on BC day? Oh yeah, you cannnot becase you don't know me...as a matter of fact I bet I made more $ than you on BC day and I have Zerox copies of my tix to prove it - as well as 3 IRS reciepts..

And all of this coming from a guy who was scared to match me on handicapping ability last weekend....I think you know you would have met your match...it was probably a smart move on your part not to let me embarrass you - with the ladies and with the betting ;)

ArlJim78
11-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I GUARANTEE you bet more faves than I do - no doubt in my mind really.....Prove that I took any chalk aside from Bernie on BC day? Oh yeah, you cannnot becase you don't know me...as a matter of fact I bet I made more $ than you on BC day and I have Zerox copies of my tix to prove it - as well as 3 IRS reciepts..

And all of this coming from a guy who was scared to match me on handicapping ability last weekend....I think you know you would have met your match...it was probably a smart move on your part not to let me embarrass you - with the ladies and with the betting ;)
Isn't it a little early in the day for this?

My coffee hasn't even kicked in yet.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-11-2006, 09:41 AM
ah negitive ghostrider the pattern is full..id have to side with andys playa ability in da ponies and da fillys..joel your forehead is just too damn big..even a cave man can do it!!" eat chalk..".

jpops757
11-11-2006, 09:47 AM
This sounds like stuff kids say. My daddy can beat yours up. I can run faster than you. My dog is better than yours. You know you are actually funnier when you aren't trying to be.
Kinda l;ike . When you are good you are really good and when you are bad you are better.

Coach Pants
11-11-2006, 09:47 AM
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/caveman_1.jpg

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-11-2006, 09:51 AM
http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/caveman_1.jpg
empty your wallets on .......2/5 and thank me later..pillow your the man..

Cunningham Racing
11-11-2006, 09:52 AM
This sounds like stuff kids say. My daddy can beat yours up. I can run faster than you. My dog is better than yours. You know you are actually funnier when you aren't trying to be.

All of those things are true, actually :D

Coach Pants
11-11-2006, 09:53 AM
empty you wallets on .......2/5 and thank me later..pillow your the man..
Whooo i'm stealing money!!

Kasept
11-11-2006, 09:54 AM

Joel..

You have a lot to offer everyone here with your background around the game and your zeal for racing is second to none... But with all due respect, you can work at this for the next two decades and will be hard-pressed to approach Andy Serling's record of success as a full time professional gambler or garner the respect he has earned as a public handicapper at Saratoga for years on end at the Siro's Seminars and in and around NYC as a Paddock Club guest at AQU and BEL.

On a daily basis during SAR, his opinion is out there for the public to judge and appreciate, and few if any of the public cappers can match his long-standing performance record for putting people on winners of all prices. He's a contemporary and equal of the most well-respected and admired handicapping minds in horse playing, and frankly, his insights and credentials are well above being questioned by anyone who isn't playing horses as a sole source of income.

Cunningham Racing
11-11-2006, 09:59 AM
The bottomline is that guys like Andy can come on here and attempt to down people while never ever providing any real substance or value of any kind to the website - but they themselves cannot back up any claims with facts.

I was just trying to end the e-jargon and e-specualtion by telling Andy that I will prove to him whenever he wants that I can out-play him and I will match my BC winning with his, etc...anything.....

It is merely about having accountability and not just running your mouth (or keyboard) all of the time...

I put my money where my mouth is....he was too scared to when provided th opportunity....now THAT is lack of credability in my eyes..

Cunningham Racing
11-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Joel..

You have a lot to offer everyone here with your background around the game and your zeal for racing is second to none... But with all due respect, you can work at this for the next two decades and will be hard-pressed to approach Andy Serling's record of success as a full time professional gambler or garner the respect he has earned as a public handicapper at Saratoga for years on end at the Siro's Seminars and in and around NYC as a Paddock Club guest at AQU and BEL.

On a daily basis during SAR, his opinion is out there for the public to judge and appreciate, and few if any of the public cappers can match his long-standing performance record for putting people on winners of all prices. He's a contemporary and equal of the most well-respected and admired handicapping minds in horse playing, and frankly, his insights and credentials are well above being questioned by anyone who isn't playing horses as a sole source of income.

Whatever Steve...not the point.

I would never be so dumb as to rely on gambling as my sole source of income - so that would never be comparable....

If the dude wants to calls me out then I want him to do it with substance...if he cannot, then he is a weisel IMO - plain and simple....I was simply stating that I could prove against what he states about me....He likes to take cheap shots and never adds any value to the chat IMO - other than his poor attempts at dry humor...those are just the facts, Steve...I know he's your boy, but you are the one who sits back and allows him to prevoke it.....

We are entitled to our opinions, right?

Bystander
11-11-2006, 10:08 AM
The bottomline is that guys like Andy can come on here and attempt to down people while never ever providing any real substance or value of any kind to the website - but they themselves cannot back up any claims with facts.

Forgive me for commenting as an infrequent poster here, but why should he feel the need to prove himself on the internet of all places (on which he provides a ton of substance and value) when he's already proven it in the real world? Seems everyone's a winner on-line.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-11-2006, 10:20 AM
joel what i say on this thread is in jest..but think aboutwhat you have said..empty your wallets on a obvious no odds horse...how does that make one iota of lodgic as a player.....steve puts out his picks as a public service.....a player who is gambleing for a living would never put out a play he would play himself..its just bad business....

Scav
11-11-2006, 10:27 AM
joel what i say on this thread is in jest..but think aboutwhat you have said..empty your wallets on a obvious no odds horse...how does that make one iota of lodgic as a player.....steve puts out his picks as a public service.....a player who is gambleing for a living would never put out a play he would play himself..its just bad business....

So what, I am not suppose to listen to you anymore?

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-11-2006, 10:30 AM
So what, I am not suppose to listen to you anymore?
this is not about me...bootleg guy

dalakhani
11-11-2006, 10:37 AM
In light of some recent predictions on this board I felt it was time for an intervention. I have started this room to help those that can't get out of their own way stumbling to the typewriter or window in order to predict the imminent victory of overbet favorites.

Repeat after me....I am ______________ and I am a chalk-eater.

I am Dalakhani and I am a chalk eater.

It usually happens after a day of taking losing shots and I need an "easy" win to get my money back. I load up on an "unbeatable" favorite at some dog track like Penn National, Retama, or charlestown. Usually its a Scott lake or Cody Autrey or some other "super" trainer's horse.

I know this is just the beginning but i feel that it is a good first step.

ArlJim78
11-11-2006, 10:39 AM
My name is Jim, and it's been 72 hours since I last played a chalk.

blackthroatedwind
11-11-2006, 10:39 AM
I think you know you would have met your match...it was probably a smart move on your part not to let me embarrass you - with the ladies and with the betting ;)

I missed this the first time! LMFAO!!!!!!!!

" With the ladies "????????????????/ OMG! Are you for real?????????

I gotta thank you, dude, you are one gigantic and unending source of entertainment.

ArlJim78
11-11-2006, 11:14 AM

I was just trying to end the e-jargon and e-specualtion by telling Andy that I will prove to him whenever he wants that I can out-play him and I will match my BC winning with his, etc...anything.....

It is merely about having accountability and not just running your mouth (or keyboard) all of the time...

I put my money where my mouth is....he was too scared to when provided th opportunity....now THAT is lack of credability in my eyes..
Please, on handicapping and credibilty you'd be smoked not only by Andy, but several others on this board alone.

But I will say this, in the category of most unintentionally funny posts, you are running circles around everyone.

Please keep up the good work.

Revolution
11-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Chalk or no chalk. Doesn't matter. Winners are all that matters. If a chalk wins he is a good bet.

letswastemoney
11-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Chalks rarely win and you get almost no profit

PSH
11-11-2006, 11:54 AM
I from time to time am guilty of playing chalks.
That said, for example, today at CD race 1
$100 win on the 8
$80 exacta 8-4 and $20 exacta 4-8 equates to net profit of $390 plus.
When it works it is nice.

However, when it doesn't you feel like ****

Bottom line, chalks do win about 30-33% of the time and if you can isolate a chalk with another horse for an exacta or daily double it can get you some $$$.

psh

ArlJim78
11-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I from time to time am guilty of playing chalks.
That said, for example, today at CD race 1
$100 win on the 8
$80 exacta 8-4 and $20 exacta 4-8 equates to net profit of $390 plus.
When it works it is nice.

However, when it doesn't you feel like ****

Bottom line, chalks do win about 30-33% of the time and if you can isolate a chalk with another horse for an exacta or daily double it can get you some $$$.

psh
i also bet that chalk. on another thead i called him a near sure thing.
had a big win bet and pk3 and 4's where we can hopefully catch a value horse.

i don't often bet an even money horse, but on this one i thought it was a gift.

2MinsToPost
11-11-2006, 05:05 PM
chalk, isn't that what Teachers use in the classroom? :p

I am in the process of setting it up -

BTW vs Cunningham in a Steel Cage Match in the infield at Churchill Downs during Derby Week 2007. Details forthcoming in the following months:eek:

banter
11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
My user name is Banter, and I have eaten chalk.

During the past year, 2006, I have been a follower of chalk trainers and have lost money.

Hey! I still have the Excel charts to prove that betting the chalk trainers, namely Pletcher, Rigatierri, Wolfendale, Morey, Vaders, Trombetta, Clark, Ziadie, Hollendorfer, Beattie (both Todd and Stephanie), Autrey, etc., will lose money in the long run. Less than a 30% win rate, 60% ITM--at the chalk rates those trainers get at the window--wil garner selective returns but wil not pull an overall profit in this game.

Only Catalano, Miyadi, and Klesaris--largely claining trainers with win rates above 30% and 60% ITM--have posted nominally positive ROIs for 2006. No wonder I was a heavy backer of Catalano's Dreaming Of Anna in the BC. That trainer has proven himself over the long haul (I would like to cast my vote for Catalano for Trainer of the Year). I would be happy to see Miyadi and Klesaris have similar opportunities in the BC. But that's a subject for another thread.

I have been sober from betting chalk since Siphon City. He posted an ultra-commanding win in the Prairie Meadows BC (of course I was not on him in that one) and tanked thereafter (of course I was on him in those).

After SC's loss in FL I stopped betting chalk, either by horse or trainer.

For the record, I had four of nine winners on BC day (the crowd was such that I couldn't make my way into Churchill Downs in time for the first race)--It's No Joke, Dreaming Of Anna, Miesque's Approval, and Invasor. None of those were first favorite in their respective races, but even with MA I did well to break even.

I will say this--as a former chalkeater, sometimes it's all I can do to resist the temptation to bet chalk.

So I should ask: What's the 12-step program to help chalkeaters resist?

Scav
11-11-2006, 09:43 PM
chalk, isn't that what Teachers use in the classroom? :p

I am in the process of setting it up -

BTW vs Cunningham in a Steel Cage Match in the infield at Churchill Downs during Derby Week 2007. Details forthcoming in the following months:eek:

I am on the undercard against BALLETO...GPK can watch...

GPK
11-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I am on the undercard against BALLETO...GPK can watch...

GFY....

and F chalk...I hate chalk...

GPK
11-11-2006, 09:52 PM
*public service announcement....THE TERROR OF TAMPA WILL NOT BE GIVING OUT CHALK AS PICKS

T3B:cool: :cool:

Cunningham Racing
11-11-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm relatively new to this site, so I ask:

Why is Joel a d-ck?

Quack, quack....

Actually, I'm a human, but I like to duck hunt......Aflaaaaaaaaaaccc

Dixie Porter
11-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Joel..

Why does a guy who makes a ton of money gambling (if it were true) EVER let it be known.

My friend Steve, there is NO answer for the above question. Does he have a KG stamp with IRS and does he file?

Whether you choose to believe it or not I know 7 people over my lifetime(myself included) who have made well over a Mil. gambling. All of us have turned ourselves inside out to remain undiscovered and annonymous.

The above endorsement of your friend WREAKS from something written on a child's blackboard.

Why does this "mutt" continually have to be stroked? BIG MONEY and a LAVISH lifestlye is all one really needs as a reward for winning. Why BEG for boquets from a bunch of kids and fools on an internet site who are more than likely still shooting for their first hundred grand.

Dixie Porter
11-12-2006, 07:00 AM

I do not know if this is true, but if I were betting I'd bet TRUE.

If it is not a problem I would like you to post the actual story.

This guy has gotten under my skin..........

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 07:26 AM

Bad business?..Is that a joke? I guess its because we will affect the odds so drastically that it would hurt his living :rolleyes:

...I asked for ONE horse...just one to share among DTers...thats all....

Honestly, I don't want the horse nor do I need it....the whole point is how can somebody come on here and bash others for giving out horses and proclaim themself as a premier handicapper in the country while bashing everyobe else's handicapping analysis - and then fail to provide any analysis or selections themself???

Its total hypocracy.....I'm sure Andy is a great handicapper...I wouldn't know though because he only likes to bash other's angles....

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 07:27 AM
I missed this the first time! LMFAO!!!!!!!!

" With the ladies "????????????????/ OMG! Are you for real?????????

I gotta thank you, dude, you are one gigantic and unending source of entertainment.

Well, at least you have a decent enough sense of humor to sense an e-joke.....thats a helluva talent :D

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Bad business?..Is that a joke? I guess its because we will affect the odds so drastically that it would hurt his living :rolleyes:

...I asked for ONE horse...just one to share among DTers...thats all....

Honestly, I don't want the horse nor do I need it....the whole point is how can somebody come on here and bash others for giving out horses and proclaim themself as a premier handicapper in the country while bashing everyobe else's handicapping analysis - and then fail to provide any analysis or selections themself???

Its total hypocracy.....I'm sure Andy is a great handicapper...I wouldn't know though because he only likes to bash other's angles....
yes it is...lets saythe horse is in a 25k claimer on a week day ..40k in the win pool..this said horse could be 9-1 if he tells two people and they tell two...ect....next thing ya know your getting 8/5..instead of 9-1.....thats bad business..get it..thats all im saying..

blackthroatedwind
11-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Why does this "mutt" continually have to be stroked? BIG MONEY and a LAVISH lifestlye is all one really needs as a reward for winning. Why BEG for boquets from a bunch of kids and fools on an internet site who are more than likely still shooting for their first hundred grand.

Great to see you at the meeting Dicksie! Admitting your problem, and oh you've got a big one, is a GREAT first step.

Now, repeat after me....I Dixie Porter, mythomaniac, am a chalk eater.

Go on, buddy, you can do it.

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 10:39 AM
Why does a guy who makes a ton of money gambling (if it were true) EVER let it be known.

My friend Steve, there is NO answer for the above question. Does he have a KG stamp with IRS and does he file?

Whether you choose to believe it or not I know 7 people over my lifetime(myself included) who have made well over a Mil. gambling. All of us have turned ourselves inside out to remain undiscovered and annonymous.

The above endorsement of your friend WREAKS from something written on a child's blackboard.

Let me guess, Leonard Zelig was your young apprentice.

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 10:55 AM
yes it is...lets saythe horse is in a 25k claimer on a week day ..40k in the win pool..this said horse could be 9-1 if he tells two people and they tell two...ect....next thing ya know your getting 8/5..instead of 9-1.....thats bad business..get it..thats all im saying..

With all due respect, he does NOT have that kind of power, especially on the circuits he plays which are the biggest market share circuits in the game.....

God could give out picks on DT and the odds wouldn't be affected....lets quit kidding ourselves here.....

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 11:01 AM
I think you are kind of missing the whole point. I can't speak for Andy, but is it possible he comes on here to shoot the sh*t about horses, and that's it. You are acting like because he is who he is, he HAS to give out horses. No he doesn't. You seem so caught up in people's worth on the board. I come here to talk about the game I love. That's it. And I'm sure most do as well. Since when do people have to give something to the board? You get crap, because you ask for it, and you never, ever will admit when you were wrong. And I really don't think he was bashing you, he was making a joke. Look, any info anyone gives on the board is much appreciated, but no one HAS to do anything.

I know DaHoss...and I think you are missing my point....I could care less if Andy gave out selections or not...I wouldn't use then anyway. The point is thjat people like him love to bash others who take a stance and give an opinion, yet he is always scared to mention horses he likes in races because he is the type who wouldn't want to be bashed when he was wrong - so he never puts himself in that situation, which is fine IF you didn't bash everyone else....

NOBODY owes this site or anybody anything....I agree 100% an that was not my point....Believe me, I ONLY bet my own picks and would never bet anybody elses, and frankly, I am one with the belief that people should come to their own conclusions on things and not need to bet others picks - so your theory is out the door...

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 11:03 AM
With all due respect, he does NOT have that kind of power, especially on the circuits he plays which are the biggest market share circuits in the game.....

God could give out picks on DT and the odds wouldn't be affected....lets quit kidding ourselves here.....
ok i happen to know guys myself that toss 5.000 win bets...im not saying that if he put a horse out on dt it would be crushed...ah whats tha point you dont get it...

blackthroatedwind
11-12-2006, 11:24 AM
While I must thank Dicksie for sticking to the theme of this thread with his usual hilarity ( honestly, is he the funniest guy on the net or what? ) but I, sadly, have to give Joel some further demerits for failing to stick to the theme. I mean, I thought it was obvious, others seemed to figure it out and play along quite well, but some just don't get it. Ya know, if you can't figure out why everyone is laughing sometimes it's best to keep quiet.

Please, try to stick with the program.

Scav
11-12-2006, 11:30 AM
NOBODY owes this site or anybody anything

THIS COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG.

We OWE RESPECT to people that OWN this site, which you DO NOT do whatsoever. You have been asked SEVERAL times to chill the f out and you still don't listen.

If you would learn how to treat people, you wouldn't get the crap you get. And if you also didn't have this need to be "HEARD" then you wouldn't get crap you get.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 11:39 AM

Wow....you have 3 IRS reciepts. Congrats. Did you charge the guys who actually hit the race more than 10 percent to sign?

Coming on the internet to brag about your luck with women. It's safe to say you havent touched a women in probably a year. Most likely havent spoke to a woman in at least 6 mos. Talking to telemarketers on the phone doesnt count.

I am new here......but I look forwards to humiliating you on a daily basis.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 11:50 AM

Did you happen to see The DRF tv show with Dan Ilman and Andy? The guy knows his stuff. Lets see. He gave out Street Sense and Round Pound.....said Fleet Indian was a favorite who should be bet against....and when asked about one favorite who you had to play he said Ouija Board.

Horrible opinions huh?

But hey...you had 3 IRS receipts so who are we to question your greatness.

Please change yor name on here to Cunningham Signers LLC.

Danzig
11-12-2006, 11:58 AM
ouch, starting early today.

scavs is correct as far as showing respect to steve...BUT, we are all here for hopefully some intelligent dialogue. hopefully attacks on people will be kept to a bare minimum. you know, attack the message--but don't necessarily kill the messenger.
altho i am bothered by 'know it alls' on here at times, as i'm sure all of us on here are, the thing that bothers me the most is someone who attacks every post by certain posters--as if lying in wait to pounce on every opportunity, whether there is a valid point to be made or not.

steve has requested we keep it clean here, so hopefully no hits below the belt.

SentToStud
11-12-2006, 12:01 PM
tough crowd for a sunday am....

i ate a piece of bread this am that tasted a bit chalky... personally been beaten like a baby seal all week.

yesterday, as i do once a month, i deliver canned goods to senior citizens. no big deal, takes 2-3 hours and i still managed to spew enough bad wagers to to cover a couple mortgage payments. ah, i digressed.

anyway, one ole dude i see on my monthly deliveries is a fairly healthy, yet miserable man. apparently his three adult children rarely call. in addition to canned goods, i also deliver to him four 1/2 pints of smirnoffs. just enough for a couple nips a day. anyway, the liquor store had no 1/2 pints so i got him a fifth.

When I handed him the fifth, he almost took my head off and bittched me out fiercely. never mind the fact that I pay for his booze out of my pocket and had him stay at my home for a couple days after the hurricane last fall.

today's tips from s2s:
1. Much to be happy about
2. Some people are never happy, but keep trying
3. Call your parents
4. If you're gonna bet horses, the last thing you ought to do is get angry at people you don't really know 30 minutes before post.
5. do not bet any horses i like until proven otherwise.
6. I like both of Dwoskin's at Calder today, especially Ashlee the Great.

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Did you happen to see The DRF tv show with Dan Ilman and Andy? The guy knows his stuff. Lets see. He gave out Street Sense and Round Pound.....said Fleet Indian was a favorite who should be bet against....and when asked about one favorite who you had to play he said Ouija Board.

Horrible opinions huh?

DaHoss? Is that you?

Danzig
11-12-2006, 12:04 PM
tough crowd for a sunday am....

i ate a piece of bread this am that tasted a bit chalky... personally been beaten like a baby seal all week.

yesterday, as i do once a month, i deliver canned goods to senior citizens. no big deal, takes 2-3 hours and i still managed to spew enough bad wagers to to cover a couple mortgage payments. ah, i digressed.

anyway, one ole dude i see on my monthly deliveries is a fairly healthy, yet miserable man. apparently his three adult children rarely call. in addition to canned goods, i also deliver to him four 1/2 pints of smirnoffs. just enough for a couple nips a day. anyway, the liquor store had no 1/2 pints so i got him a fifth.

When I handed him the fifth, he almost took my head off and bittched me out fiercely. never mind the fact that I pay for his booze out of my pocket and had him stay at my home for a couple days after the hurricane last fall.

today's tips from s2s:
1. Much to be happy about
2. Some people are never happy, but keep trying
3. Call your parents
4. If you're gonna bet horses, the last thing you ought to do is get angry at people you don't really know 30 minutes before post.
5. do not bet any horses i like until proven otherwise.
6. I like both of Dwoskin's at Calder today, especially Ashlee the Great.

i bet his children don't visit because he's miserable....but could be the other way 'round.

Danzig
11-12-2006, 12:05 PM
DaHoss? Is that you?

lol
good morning jim!!

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 12:09 PM
lol
good morning jim!!
same to you!

Dunbar
11-12-2006, 12:13 PM
CR, you have occasionally demonstrated intelligence and insight on this forum. But this thread is far from your finest moment. You should have had the maturity to apologize after kasept's post, or at a minimum, not post further in the thread.

I would never be so dumb as to rely on gambling as my sole source of income - so that would never be comparable....

I hope you mean that it would be dumb for YOU to rely on gambling as YOUR sole source of income. The professional gamblers I know are on the whole a very intelligent group that includes several PhD's. Many have supported themselves for years from gambling and bring in healthy 6-fig wins year after year. If your statement above was meant to be general, it would only show how little you know about betting with an advantage.

--Dunbar

blackthroatedwind
11-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Personally I'm just honored that Stone Gossard would take time out from his busy schedule to post from Australia.

paisjpq
11-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Personally I'm just honored that Stone Gossard would take time out from his busy schedule to post from Australia.
I guess somebody knows you after all.

I personally have been guilty of eating chalk on occasion, but not since kindergarten have i done it with any regularity...
these days i stay away altogether because it is reason #14 why someone loves me...just in front of reason #15--my willingness to wear mismatched socks.

hoovesupsideyourhead
11-12-2006, 12:29 PM
im joel and i have a chalk problem..HI JOEL..as a group///lol

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 12:31 PM
Absolutely not. No reason for me to post using a different name.
i didn't really think so but posted it anyway as a joke. sorry about that.

who then is this mystery poster?

blackthroatedwind
11-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Anybody have Mike McCready's phone number? I'm sure he could straighten out this mess.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:07 PM
DaHoss? Is that you?

No. I just signed up. Saw what that dope wrote. Chimed in. Will keep it to horse racing talk from now on.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:09 PM

Yes. Can't stay for too long. Soundcheck in a few minutes....

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 01:09 PM
No. I just signed up. Saw what that dope wrote. Chimed in. Will keep it to horse racing talk from now on.
good enough, but don't leave out the humor. not necessary to stick to horses 100% of the time.:cool:

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I'm kind of curious myself. Seems like someone using a different name, like you suggested, but I wonder who?

Just signed up. Used to post on the DRF. But that place went to hell. Plus I am a fan of Steve Byck/attheraces........figured I would check this place out.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:12 PM
good enough, but don't leave out the humor. not necessary to stick to horses 100% of the time.:cool:

I will keep it funny....but I dont want to get thrown out of here either. You a Woodbine player? One of my favorite tracks.....

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow....you have 3 IRS reciepts. Congrats. Did you charge the guys who actually hit the race more than 10 percent to sign?

Funny thing is that I had the same guy cash for me at CD who used to always do it when I worked there :D ...the dude makes a living around there 10%-ing and you he won't run off with your stew because he mows the lawns of some of the big shots at CDI....funny stuff....

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Well welcome aboard. I have a feeling we'll get along great.

Thanks......looking forwards to posting here....hopefully it's better than what happened over at the DRF.

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Horrible opinions huh?

Thats funny, I used the same horses and I tossed Fleet Indian....maybe its because I watched his show :rolleyes: ....what channel was it on?

philcski
11-12-2006, 01:19 PM

Coming on the internet to brag about your luck with women. It's safe to say you havent touched a women in probably a year. Most likely havent spoke to a woman in at least 6 mos. Talking to telemarketers on the phone doesnt count.

I am new here......but I look forwards to humiliating you on a daily basis.

Your show at the meadowlands a few months back rocked.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Funny thing is that I had the same guy cash for me at CD who used to always do it when I worked there :D ...the dude makes a living around there 10%-ing and you he won't run off with your stew because he mows the lawns of some of the big shots at CDI....funny stuff....

I dont know you....but from the little I have seen out of you , you are a bit much. You rip on a guy with solid credentials who had a very impressive performance on BC day. Hey..if he stunk up the board on BC day and you want to rub it in, so be it. But to rip on the guy after a very good day is sad. But bragging on a chat board about your conquests with women is not good.

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
I will keep it funny....but I dont want to get thrown out of here either. You a Woodbine player? One of my favorite tracks.....
You won't get thrown out. Your intial posts show great potential. Kind of like some young horses. Gee, I hope you're not retired early.

I play WO from time to time, not at the top of my list for waging but I do like that track.

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
DaHoss? Is that you?

LMFAO...I was thinking the same thing...gotta love it :D

I bet it is his long-lost brother....I'll lay the line at 8-5 that it is at least his girlfriend....

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Thats funny, I used the same horses and I tossed Fleet Indian....maybe its because I watched his show :rolleyes: ....what channel was it on?

One of the sportschannel's out of Baltimore. MASN. Saw it on direct tv.

Again....the guy gave out 2 big price horses......impressive.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Your show at the meadowlands a few months back rocked.

Thank you....personally I thought the 2 boston Shows kicked azz. What did you think about us finally bringing back Leash into the set?

blackthroatedwind
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM

So, now you are admitting IRS fraud on the board? And, just so you know, guys who cash tickets stopped charging 10% YEARS ago.

Honestly, anyone that doesn't cash their own signers is a fool. Almost as big a fool as one who pays someone to sign 10%.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:27 PM
You won't get thrown out. Your intial posts show great potential. Kind of like some young horses. Gee, I hope you're not retired early.

I play WO from time to time, not at the top of my list for waging but I do like that track.

I saw Woodbine under your name. I do play there a lot. Good value. Great place to bet against chalk.

I am not retired. But I like a horse today at Hollywood in the feature...Zoemeg......if she wins then maybe I will be able to.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:30 PM
LMFAO...I was thinking the same thing...gotta love it :D

I bet it is his long-lost brother....I'll lay the line at 8-5 that it is at least his girlfriend....

No..not a girl.....but if I was I am sure your suaveness with the ladies (as you mentioned) would get me right on a plane to meet you.

8-5? From what I hear thats your ceiling on betting a horse.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:31 PM
8-5, yeah that seems about right for your bets. I don't know the guy, but is it possible he is just another in the growing line of people who have seen your act, and have grown tired of it?

Yes..I have been a member for 30 min and I am already tired of this dope.

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 01:32 PM
I saw Woodbine under your name. I do play there a lot. Good value. Great place to bet against chalk.

I am not retired. But I like a horse today at Hollywood in the feature...Zoemeg......if she wins then maybe I will be able to.
The Woodbine under my name is just a designation that the board has automatically assigned to me based on the number of posts I have made. You are now Sam Houston which means you're a newby. It changes every hundred or so posts. It sorta starts with smaller cheap tracks and works up to the more exclusive ones.

I agree about WO, good place for value.

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 01:37 PM
The Woodbine under my name is just a designation that the board has automatically assigned to me based on the number of posts I have made. You are now Sam Houston which means you're a newby. It changes every hundred or so posts. It sorta starts with smaller cheap tracks and works up to the more exclusive ones.

I agree about WO, good place for value.

I see......so you live near AP? I lived in Chicago for 10 years. Moved away 2 yrs ago. Spent many weekends at AP. Loved the place. Nothing better than late posts on Fridays. They had those beer stands with cute chicks selling beer ....great food.....miss it.

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 01:41 PM
So, now you are admitting IRS fraud on the board? And, just so you know, guys who cash tickets stopped charging 10% YEARS ago.

Honestly, anyone that doesn't cash their own signers is a fool. Almost as big a fool as one who pays someone to sign 10%.

Ten percent is the going rate in KY and New Orleans......

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 01:45 PM
I see......so you live near AP? I lived in Chicago for 10 years. Moved away 2 yrs ago. Spent many weekends at AP. Loved the place. Nothing better than late posts on Fridays. They had those beer stands with cute chicks selling beer ....great food.....miss it.
Yeah I live in Arlington Heights, if you moved away only two years ago we may have ran into each other. I used to hang out in the trackside OTB a lot. don't visit the track that often.

The Friday Party in the Park is a great feature and draws well.

philcski
11-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Thank you....personally I thought the 2 boston Shows kicked azz. What did you think about us finally bringing back Leash into the set?

Since I'm an "old-school" fan from back in the Ten days I loved it...

I remember sneaking out of the house to go to the Midnight Sale for Vs. 13 years ago, and Rush's Counterparts came out on the same day.

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not poor. Hopeless? Perhaps. But, that would depend your criteria I suppose. Cripple? I don't think so.

I don't know any football scores, sorry not a fan, but I would guess nfl.com has them. TV on the fritz? Or, perhaps the patients are watching something else. Is that it Harding?
Didn't Chief Bromden break the TV?

blackthroatedwind
11-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Not sure, but I am guessing Nurse Ratched is more than fed up with Dicksie.

SniperSB23
11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more amusing. Now I might have to pull out the DVD.

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Its the thread that just keeps on giving...

paisjpq
11-12-2006, 05:25 PM
that's what CEA meetings are for...they are there for you whenever you need them.

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM

Well said, Uncle Eddie :D

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Yeah I live in Arlington Heights, if you moved away only two years ago we may have ran into each other. I used to hang out in the trackside OTB a lot. don't visit the track that often.

The Friday Party in the Park is a great feature and draws well.

I never went to trackside ....I used to go to Jackson St OTB a lot downtown....

stonegossard
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Since I'm an "old-school" fan from back in the Ten days I loved it...

I remember sneaking out of the house to go to the Midnight Sale for Vs. 13 years ago, and Rush's Counterparts came out on the same day.

Yeah...I am into the older stuff...10...vs......

I thought Lost Dogs kicked ass as well....

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 05:49 PM
Well said, Uncle Eddie :D
I'll have to use a lifeline. Who is uncle eddie?

philcski
11-12-2006, 05:52 PM

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation reference. Clark gets a gift of jelly-of-the-month club or something from his boss instead of $$$ and goes postal, so Uncle Eddie says "it's the gift that keeps on giving"

paisjpq
11-12-2006, 05:53 PM
you want to poll the audience?

philcski
11-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Yeah...I am into the older stuff...10...vs......

I thought Lost Dogs kicked ass as well....

Well I'll be sure to catch your next NYC show as well. I had no idea you were into the horses, welcome!

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 06:04 PM
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation reference. Clark gets a gift of jelly-of-the-month club or something from his boss instead of $$$ and goes postal, so Uncle Eddie says "it's the gift that keeps on giving"
thanks, don't know how i missed that one!:D

Cunningham Racing
11-12-2006, 06:15 PM
you want to poll the audience?

Nah Regis, just gimme the 50-50 :D

ArlJim78
11-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Anyone out there needing a quick fix need only to turn their attention to Mountaineer. There is a 1 to 5 shot getting ready to go off.

i guess i'm an enabler after all.

disappearingdan_akaplaya
11-14-2006, 04:53 AM
yours truly doesnt play the fav often but my biggest amount of money bet in a single race was on a GIFT fav..........POINT GIVEN IN THE BELMONT!:)

zippyneedsawin
11-14-2006, 07:53 AM

He's actually referred to as "cousin Eddie."