PDA

View Full Version : I am soooo upset, pissed, mad as fu.k

2MinsToPost
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Here I am trying to help raise money for St Jude's and NOT ONE PERSON who I used to work with (talking about a total of around 15 people) has offered to donate either a $1 or $5.

I can't do this at my current employer, so I thought I would try it with my previous. Everything is legit as legit gets and NOT ONE simple Mofo'er will cut loose with a $1 bill. For kids who are sick.

God what has this world come too. I was so po'ed today when I stopped by that I pulled the box off the shelf and said goodbye.

Coach Pants
10-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm willing to bet out of those 15 people at least 10 of them are in debt out the a$$. It's the american way and it's going to come crashing down soon.

2MinsToPost
10-04-2006, 10:39 AM
I still can not believe that someone is not willing to part with a $1 bill for kids who are sick and need their help.

timmgirvan
10-04-2006, 08:08 PM
I think that it has more to do with peoples' mistaken impression that everything is a scam...not that you weren't trying to help out a worthy Cause

pgardn
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Here I am trying to help raise money for St Jude's and NOT ONE PERSON who I used to work with (talking about a total of around 15 people) has offered to donate either a $1 or $5.

I can't do this at my current employer, so I thought I would try it with my previous. Everything is legit as legit gets and NOT ONE simple Mofo'er will cut loose with a $1 bill. For kids who are sick.

God what has this world come too. I was so po'ed today when I stopped by that I pulled the box off the shelf and said goodbye.

I dont mean to be mean but...

Is it remotely possible they dont trust you?
For whatever reason...

Nostradamus
10-05-2006, 08:00 PM
People that ask for $1 or $5 for things are pocketing it half the time. You can barely trust big organizations like the Red Cross or United Way when you write them a check.

It is like the Salvation Army people at Saratoga. I bet 1/2 that money finds its way to the betting windows.

Trust no charities unless you know the people. Half these celebrity charities are nothing but cons. The majority of the fundraisers out in the Hamptons during the summer lose money. They spend $100K to throw the party. Raise $100K and then give nothing to the charity because they claim they broke even. Free night of partying is how they look at it.

dr. fager
10-05-2006, 08:07 PM
You can barely trust big organizations like the Red Cross or United Way when you write them a check..

and how much do we actually know about the UW...they're regional, ours here serves 3 counties. Parent organization really screwed up in the early 90's....but our here is pretty good.

great site if you want to check up on any charitable organization, however you may just like to talk about things you know nothing about

http://www.charitynavigator.org/