PDA

View Full Version : Mark Foley: A new twist on "youve got mail"

dalakhani
10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I hear that Mark Foley needs some new E-pen pals.

Qualifications:

Male

Under 18

You have to be a "big stud"

Distance not an issue if you are a "big stud"

Whatever type of relationship might ensue as a result of this exchange of emails will be covered up by the GOP.

All interested parties please email Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

somerfrost
10-02-2006, 06:31 PM
I hear that Mark Foley needs some new E-pen pals.

Qualifications:

Male

Under 18

You have to be a "big stud"

Distance not an issue if you are a "big stud"

Whatever type of relationship might ensue as a result of this exchange of emails will be covered up by the GOP.

All interested parties please email Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity.

At least Slick Willie got some....although those fishy cigars probably took getting use to!

dalakhani
10-02-2006, 06:37 PM
At least Slick Willie got some....although those fishy cigars probably took getting use to!

Exactly. And she was even OF AGE and FEMALE! Apparently, Mr Foley would never get caught in a scandal like that.

For now, its really nice to know that the Co chair of the house caucus on missing and exploited children has such a devoted interest in our nation's youth.

Crown@club
10-02-2006, 06:38 PM
What is this? Porky's!

Coach Pants
10-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Here's an IM log between Mark Foley and the page.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/BrianRoss/story?id=2509586&page=1

pgardn
10-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh yes. Very interesting. Only real problem was drinking.

I saw the statement that he was in rehab for alcoholism. Seems he liked to hear details of some fairly bizarre sorts. But apparently being an alcoholic leads to a love of young men. Man has more than one problem in politics.

dalakhani
10-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Oh yes. Very interesting. Only real problem was drinking.

I saw the statement that he was in rehab for alcoholism. Seems he liked to hear details of some fairly bizarre sorts. But apparently being an alcoholic leads to a love of young men. Man has more than one problem in politics.

You know...i like to have a drink like the next guy. But for some bizarre reason, a couple of beers has never possessed me to get on aol and ask a male, of age or not, to measure his penis for me.

GenuineRisk
10-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Yeah, but he's still got Cajun's vote, because he's Republican.

(I'm soooo teasing you, Cajun; please don't get mad. :) He's resigned, anyway.)

In all fairness, I think this guy is so overwhelmed with self-hatred over being gay (the Republicans seem to attract the self-hating gay guys. They and the Catholic Church) that it's coming out in some perverted ways he might have thought better of if he'd been willing to just be openly gay (there's never been any instance of him actually having sex with a minor, has there? I haven't been following this one all that closely). Mind you, it doesn't change what he did; if he broke the law, he should be held accountable for it. I think he helped pass some of the laws that he might have broken. Talk about irony...

What disgusts me most though is the thought that some of the higher-ups in the Republican Congress maybe knew about this long beforehand and kept it quiet. (Also brings to mind the Catholic Church) Hastert sure seems to be dancing as fast as he can. Can't wait to see how the 'Publicans figure out how to blame this one on Clinton, too.

dalakhani
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah, but he's still got Cajun's vote, because he's Republican.

(I'm soooo teasing you, Cajun; please don't get mad. :) He's resigned, anyway.)

In all fairness, I think this guy is so overwhelmed with self-hatred over being gay (the Republicans seem to attract the self-hating gay guys. They and the Catholic Church) that it's coming out in some perverted ways he might have thought better of if he'd been willing to just be openly gay (there's never been any instance of him actually having sex with a minor, has there? I haven't been following this one all that closely). Mind you, it doesn't change what he did; if he broke the law, he should be held accountable for it. I think he helped pass some of the laws that he might have broken. Talk about irony...

What disgusts me most though is the thought that some of the higher-ups in the Republican Congress maybe knew about this long beforehand and kept it quiet. (Also brings to mind the Catholic Church) Hastert sure seems to be dancing as fast as he can. Can't wait to see how the 'Publicans figure out how to blame this one on Clinton, too.

Well, someone on this thread already brought clinton into it. Im sure Rush and Hannity will be spinning this like a top.

You should read some of the excerpts from the IM sessions. I have no issue with the fact that he is gay. The only issue i have is that he was communicating like that with a 17 year old boy.

Downthestretch55
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Well, someone on this thread already brought clinton into it. Im sure Rush and Hannity will be spinning this like a top.

You should read some of the excerpts from the IM sessions. I have no issue with the fact that he is gay. The only issue i have is that he was communicating like that with a 17 year old boy.
Dala,
My guess is that some heads will roll for the cover up.
Washington Post has called for Hastert's resignation.
FBI investigation is ongoing.
This won't be swept under the rug.

Downthestretch55
10-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Interesting that consevatives are piling on.

http://elections.us.reuters.com/top/news/usnN03206154.html?src=100306_1305_TOPSTORY_hastert _under_fire

GenuineRisk
10-03-2006, 01:49 PM

Oh, no doubt, and I have no patience for people who target minors, but I feel for the closeted gay guys in the GOP. Talk about self-hatred.

Did anyone see "The Daily Show"'s coverage on this? Hilarious. Oh, that I could be as funny as Samantha Bee...

Danzig2
10-03-2006, 03:46 PM
i agree genuine.. and i made the same comparison to the catholic church to a co-worker this morning.
what really has me wondering....reynolds (rep from new york) got a 100k donation from foley. this right after reynolds found out about the emails...of course they're all saying that they didn't know the extent. um, yeah.

GenuineRisk
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
i agree genuine.. and i made the same comparison to the catholic church to a co-worker this morning.
what really has me wondering....reynolds (rep from new york) got a 100k donation from foley. this right after reynolds found out about the emails...of course they're all saying that they didn't know the extent. um, yeah.

Whoa. I hadn't heard that. It'll be interesting to see how big this thing winds up getting.

Thanks for the info-- I'll have to start paying more attention to this story!

Danzig2
10-04-2006, 04:51 AM
i read an article and a time line yesterday (early wed am now) in the ark democrat gazette...the time line started in 2001!! said that former pages said back then they were warned to 'stay away' from foley. 5 years ago, and now the reps are screaming that this only came out now because of the upcoming election!! why does everyone get so obsessed about the timing?? like i told my husband last night, had the reps did something about this when it first came to light, they wouldn't be in the spot they're in now--and the timing would be a moot point!! i told him if the reps lose both houses, they've got no one to blame but themselves!!

2MinsToPost
10-04-2006, 06:10 AM
A troubled man with so many issues now facing him that he runs for the safe confines of inpatient treatment

casts?

Danzig2
10-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Whoa. I hadn't heard that. It'll be interesting to see how big this thing winds up getting.

Thanks for the info-- I'll have to start paying more attention to this story!

thing is, reynolds is on the republican election campaign committee...i just can't help wondering at the timing. he gets word of the emails, makes some calls, says the problem is solved...oh, and here's 100k, love, mark foley.

and now he's in a re-hab for alcohol and 'other behavioral problems'. problems?? that's an understatement! and, i drink on occasion, but i don't recall ever being under the influence enough that i start propositioning 16 year olds!

but like one comedian i heard said....alcohol doesn't make you a jackass, if you're a jackass when you're drunk, it's because you're a jackass!

Downthestretch55
10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Looks like the consequences of Foley's "alleged" actions go far beyond himself.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/061004/4foleyraces.htm

JJP
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Q: How do Republican Congressmen sleep at night?
A: They don't. They're too busy molesting young pages.

Downthestretch55
10-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Q: How do Republican Congressmen sleep at night?
A: They don't. They're too busy molesting young pages.
JJP,
I've been accused of a lot by many on this board.
And, in a way, I see your attempt at humor.
Maybe you should put this one in the "joke of the day" in esoteric.
The Dems have plenty of skeletons in their closets too.
Painting all of this with a broad brush only means that lots of paint will come back and spatter on you.
I think this matter can be settled very quickly. My dairy farmer friend has a standing offer to allow the use of his manure lagoon.
We can book some bets on the "drowning match".
It will be lots of fun to watch.
Will it be Hastert vs Reynolds?
Dubbya vs Osammie?
or Foley vs any boy of his choice?