PDA

View Full Version : Fun times at the old espn board

Downthestretch55
09-08-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't go to the old espn board very often, but today I was a bit bored and curious.
Yikes!
There are folks wanting to "lead it", insults, and other nasty stuff.
I'm not "judging" any of those that remain over there, or that come over here and find a way to go back to it. Not too much about horses there, but plenty of "unstressing".
Fun times.

I don't miss it a bit.

Thanks Steve and Joey for keeping control here.
This is the best board. I appreciate it.

DTS

1st_Saturday_in_May
09-08-2006, 01:34 PM
DTS, I went back to check it out the other day and it has to be the funniest thing I've ever seen and we'll just leave it at that :D

Buffymommy
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
I was looking at it today. Name calling, and people being mean and crude. Kinda funny how things change.

Not that we don't have that stuff over here (name calling, etc..) But at least we aren't having elections for "LEADER". :D

Downthestretch55
09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
so i will let my lawyer do the talking
UHH OHH! for Blocky.

Buffymommy
09-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Mera,

He wasn't very nice to you. I really did lose the little amount of respect I had for him. Did he try and hit on you and you turned him down?

somerfrost
09-08-2006, 02:14 PM
I've tried to talk to Blockhead, over and over again. He just won't let anything go...really has issues. Jerry started the board leader thing...well, he responded to Blocky indicating it was "his board now" and hilarity ensued!

Buffymommy
09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
I've tried to talk to Blockhead, over and over again. He just won't let anything go...really has issues. Jerry started the board leader thing...well, he responded to Blocky indicating it was "his board now" and hilarity ensued!

There is no talking to Block. I tried telling him to play nice with others, but he doesn't listen. He just wants attention and that is what we are giving him.

Ya OK mera?

timmgirvan
09-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Dear Gentlefolk: I ventured over to the old board the other day, and I just couldn't keep quiet about some of the things said about DT and Steve. So...I said my piece and I stand by every word I typed there. This place is Heaven, and I'm staying put!

Buffymommy
09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
i think u are too used to defending (allegedly) criminal insurance companies-did he hit on me? no, i think it's safe to say we mutually disliked each other from the start, altho that did not stop him from wanting to continue a correspondence and becoming tvg "phone buddies"-yech, when i'm watchin i'm not talkin-as to why i met him in the first place...good question, i think because 1-i thought maybe he was slightly different than he portrayed himself online
second-once the invite was there it was impolite to rescind
c-he has a cat named "storm cat" and i thought that was cool
lastly-i musta been drunk

Kinda sad guy he is then huh? I think he needs mental help. I am beginning to believe that he really is a sicko. Maybe I was giving him the benefit of the doubt in thinking that he just wanted attention. I think he may just be a real sicko.

Pointg5
09-08-2006, 02:45 PM
i think u are too used to defending (allegedly) criminal insurance companies-did he hit on me? no, i think it's safe to say we mutually disliked each other from the start, altho that did not stop him from wanting to continue a correspondence and becoming tvg "phone buddies"-yech, when i'm watchin i'm not talkin-as to why i met him in the first place...good question, i think because 1-i thought maybe he was slightly different than he portrayed himself online
second-once the invite was there it was impolite to rescind
c-he has a cat named "storm cat" and i thought that was cool
lastly-i musta been drunk

He wanted to talk to you while you both were watching TVG???

SentToStud
09-08-2006, 03:05 PM
I have been asked to request you all to kindly remember to refer to him as "Sir Blockheadd."

Gander
09-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I'd rather read that than discussions on polytrack:rolleyes:

Downthestretch55
09-08-2006, 04:11 PM
I'd rather read that than discussions on polytrack:rolleyes:
Tim,
I really didn't start this thread to judge or bash anyone. Blocky definitely likes horses. At times some egos get in the way of polite discourse.
Polytrack...'nuf talk about it...the times they are a changin'. That topic has been beaten to death.
Breeding, stallions...still interests me, cause that's what I've gotten into.
Little Orphan Lucy in the 1st today? Same with me...my bad picks happen.
At least if people played the Latent Heat/Tinseltown exacta today, they'd ahve gotten something. It was put up in selections.
That's what is so nice about this board.
Let's go racing!
DTS

GenuineRisk
09-08-2006, 04:37 PM
The ESPN board was worth it because I found all of you. :)

And I like this board's layout much better. It's hard to take any of the OT things too seriously when the title includes "similar flame war fodder." Makes me laugh every time.

Danzig
09-08-2006, 04:44 PM
it's a shame that the board has gone down as low as it has. i'd been posting there for a long time...haven't even been there in weeks. don't miss it either, and don't even have a link to it on my homepage anymore--altho i do have one for here, and on my work computer as well. much more civil here, much more enjoyable.

somerfrost
09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
it's a shame that the board has gone down as low as it has. i'd been posting there for a long time...haven't even been there in weeks. don't miss it either, and don't even have a link to it on my homepage anymore--altho i do have one for here, and on my work computer as well. much more civil here, much more enjoyable.

I've been there too many years to leave completely so I post both places...ESPN has it's share of ups and downs but for almost a decade, it's been home! Besides, Harry is back and Andy and Chris stop around...that's enough reason to remain!

Danzig2
09-11-2006, 06:34 AM
i stop in every so often, just went there after this thread as a matter of fact. saw that some are still there, or are back, but it's still got a way to go. a shame that one or two bad apples had to spoil it so badly for everyone.