PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Fall Meet

Dahoss
01-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Taking a cue from Golfer to start using this room more, I think I saw something in the fall meet at Churchill, that if true can be a very profitable angle. In my opinion the inside part of the turf course was NOT the place to as the meet wore on, especially the last 10 days.

I think horses that spent a good part of the race on the rail, especially in the stretch were at a disadvantage. Last week seeing this led me to Zapparition (posted in selections room) who paid $21.60 to win. I'm going to start posting horses that I notice fit this profile and if anyone sees one I have missed please post them.

This Thursday a horse fits the profile in race 4. Bergerac dueled inside the eventual winner, was on the rail the entire stretch and weakened to finish 4th. The winner was freaky good that day and no one was beating him. But I think Bergerac could have been 2nd had he not been inside. It's a tough race, but I'll be betting Bergerac.

blackthroatedwind
01-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Any chance they'll be on the turf?

golfer
01-27-2011, 05:38 AM
The Assmussen freak from that race earned one of the fastest TG turf figures ever given.

jenroypa
01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Early scratches has the 4th on the turf, but Bergerac scratched...

Dahoss
01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
In the 8th at Gulfstream on Wednesday, Whitley returns after running inside down the lane. However, the rail was out, so in essence he was actually running in the 4 or 5 path instead of the actual rail, so no play for me. I like Mystic in the race and think he might end up setting a slow pace if he's ridden aggresively.

Dahoss
02-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Bergerac back in at Gulfstream today in the 7th. Has Tobes the Man to beat and will need a bit of an aggressive ride from the rail, but I'm betting.

declansharbor
02-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Bergerac back in at Gulfstream today in the 7th. Has Tobes the Man to beat and will need a bit of an aggressive ride from the rail, but I'm betting.

I was going to put this up last night while I was reviewing today's races.

Hope you can get 6-1 or better!! Good luck today!