PDA

View Full Version : Cool new TV show....Fox scores again!

somerfrost
08-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Well, I watched the season premier of Bones tonight on Fox and it was excellent, David and Emily were great and I like the new addition to the cast! Afterwards, I stayed there to watch the first episode of their new show,...Justice. This is a really cool show, mixes just a bit of CSI-like special effects in with courtroom drama that is somehow different than the usual. I like the cast, the characters are interesting and they appear multi-dimensional. Then, at the end of the show, they actually show a scene re-enacting the incident in question so the viewer knows whether their defendant was guilty or innocent! I've seen a lot of procedurals, especially courtroom ones, but this was refreshingly different...could really develop into a worthwhile series and a great companion for Bones on Wednesday...I recommend it highly!

Scurlogue Champ
08-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, I watched the season premier of Bones tonight on Fox and it was excellent, David and Emily were great and I like the new addition to the cast! Afterwards, I stayed there to watch the first episode of their new show,...Justice. This is a really cool show, mixes just a bit of CSI-like special effects in with courtroom drama that is somehow different than the usual. I like the cast, the characters are interesting and they appear multi-dimensional. Then, at the end of the show, they actually show a scene re-enacting the incident in question so the viewer knows whether their defendant was guilty or innocent! I've seen a lot of procedurals, especially courtroom ones, but this was refreshingly different...could really develop into a worthwhile series and a great companion for Bones on Wednesday...I recommend it highly!

I wanted to see that show and forgot about it.

Do you like any of the shows on FX? We watch those religiously here at the house.

The fireman show "Rescue Me" had the season finale last night. That one is my favorite

somerfrost
08-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I wanted to see that show and forgot about it.

Do you like any of the shows on FX? We watch those religiously here at the house.

The fireman show "Rescue Me" had the season finale last night. That one is my favorite

I've seen several episodes of Rescue Me...a really good show as well, again...the characters are well developed and I find myself really into them. I missed the first few episodes...it is one of the shows that, once I get a place to live and a new DVD player, I hope to get the series! It may just be me, but I think TV has gotten better recently with more worthwhile shows...I still put House and Veronica Mars at the top but suddenly, I find a lot more worth the time to watch! Now if the networks just don't cancel them all about the time I'm completely hooked...

Scurlogue Champ
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM
I've seen several episodes of Rescue Me...a really good show as well, again...the characters are well developed and I find myself really into them. I missed the first few episodes...it is one of the shows that, once I get a place to live and a new DVD player, I hope to get the series! It may just be me, but I think TV has gotten better recently with more worthwhile shows...I still put House and Veronica Mars at the top but suddenly, I find a lot more worth the time to watch! Now if the networks just don't cancel them all about the time I'm completely hooked...

You know, the mini-series that FX ran this spring called "Thief" was really good.

Some of the characters weren't very well developed, but Andre Braugher really did a great job of playing that guy and you couldn't help but watch him.

I hope they bring that one back.

Also, I like The Shield. But it is even too graphic for me sometimes.

It seems like they are just being offensive for the sake of being edgy sometimes.

I didn't have a television for the longest time up until about 18 months ago, and I have really began to enjoy laying around and watching it.

It is a bad habit though.....haha

To be fair, I never have given Buffy or any of those shows a chance. I didn't even have a t.v. when they were on.

somerfrost
08-30-2006, 11:25 PM
You know, the mini-series that FX ran this spring called "Thief" was really good.

Some of the characters weren't very well developed, but Andre Braugher really did a great job of playing that guy and you couldn't help but watch him.

I hope they bring that one back.

Also, I like The Shield. But it is even too graphic for me sometimes.

It seems like they are just being offensive for the sake of being edgy sometimes.

I didn't have a television for the longest time up until about 18 months ago, and I have really began to enjoy laying around and watching it.

It is a bad habit though.....haha

To be fair, I never have given Buffy or any of those shows a chance. I didn't even have a t.v. when they were on.

When you have some free time, give Buffy a try, especially if you like character development. It's a show that is really best watched from the beginning...season one has been called the weakest but it had to develop an entire "universe" as well as the characters...midway through the season you really get a feel for things and by the last (12th) episode (Prophecy Girl) you really are hooked on the characters and the world created, the next six seasons are all 22 episodes and every season has a season-long arc as well as many stand-alone episodes. The spin-off show (Angel) starts after season three of Buffy and there is some interplay between them. Angel is much darker with more adult themes but several of the characters from Buffy form the core group so it's easy to follow. It is amazing how much the main characters grow, develop and evolve during the shows, and the themes, despite all the monster metaphors, are realistic and true to life. I know I go on and on about Whedon's shows but I honestly feel the man is a creative genius and his work is important...he set out to create a social icon in Buffy...and succeeded! Give it a try sometime...but be fair and watch it from episode one and don't give up on it for at least that first season!

Scurlogue Champ
08-31-2006, 12:05 AM
When you have some free time, give Buffy a try, especially if you like character development. It's a show that is really best watched from the beginning...season one has been called the weakest but it had to develop an entire "universe" as well as the characters...midway through the season you really get a feel for things and by the last (12th) episode (Prophecy Girl) you really are hooked on the characters and the world created, the next six seasons are all 22 episodes and every season has a season-long arc as well as many stand-alone episodes. The spin-off show (Angel) starts after season three of Buffy and there is some interplay between them. Angel is much darker with more adult themes but several of the characters from Buffy form the core group so it's easy to follow. It is amazing how much the main characters grow, develop and evolve during the shows, and the themes, despite all the monster metaphors, are realistic and true to life. I know I go on and on about Whedon's shows but I honestly feel the man is a creative genius and his work is important...he set out to create a social icon in Buffy...and succeeded! Give it a try sometime...but be fair and watch it from episode one and don't give up on it for at least that first season!

If I ever get time I will give it a shot. I just started watching the x-files this year and I think they are hilarious and I can't stop watching.

I missed it when it was actually on network tv, so I stay up every Monday night and watch 6 episodes at a time.

Isn't that pathetic? I actually have came home from work and taken a nap at 6 pm or so just to make it through the night.

Isn't the Buffy show in syndication now? Maybe I could catch it on television sometime.

GenuineRisk
08-31-2006, 06:53 AM
I'll second Somer's recommendation for "Buffy." And I held off watching it for a loooong time. But everyone was right; it was a terrific show and I got hooked pretty quickly.

somerfrost
08-31-2006, 09:07 AM
If I ever get time I will give it a shot. I just started watching the x-files this year and I think they are hilarious and I can't stop watching.

I missed it when it was actually on network tv, so I stay up every Monday night and watch 6 episodes at a time.

Isn't that pathetic? I actually have came home from work and taken a nap at 6 pm or so just to make it through the night.

Isn't the Buffy show in syndication now? Maybe I could catch it on television sometime.

Buffy was being shown on a couple cable channels but right now I don't think it's on...even when it was, they were showing one episode a week unlike TNT (I think) that showed Angel and Charmed episodes (in order) five days a week. When they do that, it's easy to catch up if you have the time slot free. Highlander was another good show that was shown 5x a week on USA (I think) back a few years. I suspect Buffy will resurface somewhere, as will Angel and Firefly as they continue to hold conventions and the fan base remains fairly strong. In Europe, I'm pretty sure it remains on...maybe Brock or one of the other Euro posters can confirm that.
In a related topic, Snakes on a Plane has done poorly at the box office, I was hoping to see a better result. As with Serenity, the internet buzz simply hasn't translated into broad interest. This will discourage studios from funding such projects I'm afraid and will in turn discourage the fan bases. I didn't think "Snakes" was anything special myself but I was hopeful for it due to Jackson's star-power and what appeared to be a much better ad campaign than afforded Serenity...oh well, looks like it will do about the same at the box.

Buffymommy
08-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Somer,

There is a movie on ABC Family on Monday. It stars Charisma Carpenter and Xander, OH GOD I FORGOT HIS REAL NAME PLEASE FORGIVE ME. Some Buffy alumni for ya!

Buffy and Angel are some of the best tv shows that were on EVER.

I will watch Justice tonight after Bones. I recorded them last night. I have heard Justice is awesome from quite a few people.

somerfrost
08-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Somer,

There is a movie on ABC Family on Monday. It stars Charisma Carpenter and Xander, OH GOD I FORGOT HIS REAL NAME PLEASE FORGIVE ME. Some Buffy alumni for ya!

Buffy and Angel are some of the best tv shows that were on EVER.

I will watch Justice tonight after Bones. I recorded them last night. I have heard Justice is awesome from quite a few people.

Nicholas Brendon will be upset with you...that's almost as bad as telling the world that Xander's middle name is Lavelle! Justice was excellent...I was really impressed with it! Bones...great as always! I think it should really take off this year...I like the new character as she adds more tension to the relationship between Booth and Bones!