PDA

View Full Version : colon cleansing

Scurlogue Champ
08-16-2006, 01:59 AM
anyone else ever done this? I bought a tub of stuff today called "Organic Bowel Cleanser" and I have a feeling that tomorrow morning when I wake up it will be more of a "Massive Hippie Explosion."

Any pointers here...or warnings?

timmgirvan
08-16-2006, 03:54 AM
Mood: Hopefully it won't be that drastic! Make sure you read all instructions before you plunge(sorry) into this undertaking. Is it a 3x a day deal, or before bedtime? I believe colon cleansing is important to your health, and I'm researching various products and regimins. Uh, let us know how it worked out,huh?

GPK
08-16-2006, 07:48 AM
ok....wow....we have talked about alot of sh*t on here (no pun intended) but colon cleansing???? Im speechless....

pgardn
08-16-2006, 07:55 AM
I had to clear my tubes before undergoing a double hernia operation. There was nothing organic about the stuff I took. Had to drink lots of water and by the time the pathway was clear, it was obvious because my #2 was running clear and clean. Very weird.

I would not make a habit of this if you do not need to. The large intestine contains an enormous amount of a normal flora of bacteria. These guys aide in breaking down some of the nasty chemical stuff that might otherwise sit against your intestinal wall wreaking havoc on the cells. Because this normal bacteria inhabits your intestines, it also outcompetes other types of bacteria that might not be so kind to your innards.

The caution: If you cleanse you get rid of almost all of the normal bacteria flora leaving open territory to be inhabited. Hope the normal flora takes over again. If a nasty bacteria population sets up shop, it could be a very different population that might take advantage of any slight intestinal damage and infect or cause you to have some interesting release of gases that are very different from what you are used to. In most cases, after eating your normal diet, the normal flora will reinhabit your life-giving tubular table of delictable waste.

Good luck to you and your colon.

As an aside. Some of you that have been cautioned on what not to eat while taking antibiotics... its the same sort of thing. You kill the bacteria in your intestines and then the waste gets processed in a very different manner without these bacteria causing severe discomfort if you eat the wrong stuff.
There are more bacteria in your large intestine than people on the face of the earth. Be kind to your personal population.