PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Harness pulls plug @ Capital?

Hickory Hill Hoff
02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
From the Capital OTB website -

NOTICE - Saratoga Harness is still available for wagering in our branches and EZ Bet locations and through your Capital Bets account (phones and internet wagering). However, please note that Saratoga Harness has stopped Capital OTB from showing their live racing on Capital OTB TV. Saratoga Harness has also pulled out of Capital OTB’s cash reward program, so you will not receive any cash rewards if you wager on Saratoga Harness. Capital OTB has been and will continue to work with Saratoga Harness to try to resolve these unnecessary changes.

What caused this turn of events?

Cannon Shell
02-29-2008, 11:16 PM
From the Capital OTB website -

NOTICE - Saratoga Harness is still available for wagering in our branches and EZ Bet locations and through your Capital Bets account (phones and internet wagering). However, please note that Saratoga Harness has stopped Capital OTB from showing their live racing on Capital OTB TV. Saratoga Harness has also pulled out of Capital OTB’s cash reward program, so you will not receive any cash rewards if you wager on Saratoga Harness. Capital OTB has been and will continue to work with Saratoga Harness to try to resolve these unnecessary changes.

What caused this turn of events?
Hank Steinbrenner said that Capital OTB is part of the vast Red Sox conspiricy and Saratoga Harness agreed.

Hickory Hill Hoff
03-01-2008, 07:23 AM
Hank Steinbrenner said that Capital OTB is part of the vast Red Sox conspiricy and Saratoga Harness agreed.

Give them VLT's and they think they rule the world! :rolleyes:

GPK
03-01-2008, 07:59 AM
This is pure speculation, as I haven't been to the harness track in forever. But my guess is, the horse part of the harness track is like a ghost town since the slots. The brains over there might be thinking that having the races on TV are keeping people from going to the harness track, so they have taken them off TV. Similar to what they do during the summer for the flat track.

Like I said, pure speculation and I'm probably wrong. My question is, who bets harness besides GPK?
:mad:

herkhorse
03-01-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't go very often, but Saratoga Harness does have a pretty nice silmulcast room. Pulling the plug on the video makes no sense- it would have to reduce handle.

2 Dollar Bill
03-01-2008, 11:48 AM
This is pure speculation, as I haven't been to the harness track in forever. But my guess is, the horse part of the harness track is like a ghost town since the slots. The brains over there might be thinking that having the races on TV are keeping people from going to the harness track, so they have taken them off TV. Similar to what they do during the summer for the flat track.

Like I said, pure speculation and I'm probably wrong. My question is, who bets harness besides GPK?

I guess you never heard of ""The Baron of Balmora"" or ""The Don of Dover"" .or. ""The Master of Meadowlands"" :D

GPK
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I guess you never heard of ""The Bastard of Balmoral"" or ""The D*ckhead of Dover"" .or. ""The Masturbater of Meadowlands"" :D

FTFY:cool: