PDA

View Full Version : Pass the Heat

pmayjr
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
The #7 horse Pass the Heat in the 7th race at Santa Anita today (1/20), going down the hill (6 1/2f turf sprint).

As the 8 and the 9 vied for the lead the whole way, and eventually finished in a dead heat tie for first, at the top of the stretch, Pass the Heat was flying home on the rail. The 8 veered over and shut Pass the Heat off, and stopped all of his momentum. If the 8 horse doesn't cut him off, I believe the 7 horse doesn't only win, but he wins easily. There was an inquiry against the 8, but there was no change made in the race.

Also, to show that I'm not biased about this, I had WP money on the 9, so it was kinda good that the 8 cut the 7 off. If this doesn't happen, I'm racing for the place payoff. I'm just saying that the 8 horse cut the 7 horse off, cost him the race and probably shouyld've been DQ'd.

So watch for Pass the Heat if he races in another 6 1/2f turf sprint, or even play him at 1 mile on the turf. This race has some pretty good class level to it too. It was an Allowance/Optional Claiming 80k race. From watching this race, he's dangerous.

pmayjr
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/GG020308USA8.pdf

I didn't know he was racing until I watched the race (I didn't bet it), but he ran a very game 2nd at GG in another AOC event. The race actually looked like a dead heat, but they gave Russell Baze's horse a win by a nose. A good comeback showing for this horse, but I wanna see him run down the hill again.
-Pete

pmayjr
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Eventhough it's probably as simple as an internet search, could you please send me the link?

As for Pass the Heat's latest race, I actually didn't know until after watching him that he ran. I saw 2 chalky horses in a nice stretch duel at GG, and then found out when they put up the results that the 2nd place horse was Pass the Heat. He didn't have any value in this particular race, but if they ship him back to the turf at SA is when to wtach out for him. Anything a mile and under...
-Pete

NoLuvForPletch
02-05-2008, 02:54 PM
Eventhough it's probably as simple as an internet search, could you please send me the link?

-Pete

It a Daily Racing Form thing.

Go to: www.drf.com

Then you have to sign up for membership, it's free.

Once you become a member sign in, then on the blue banner under the LOGO mouse over TOOLS and click on the link to "Watches". It is there where you can choose what you want to get emails regarding.

pmayjr
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Thank you sir...

NoLuvForPletch
02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Thank you sir...

No problem. It's a great tool.