PDA

View Full Version : Texas Fever (BC Juv. Turf)

Kasept
10-29-2007, 03:55 AM
If there's one horse out of the Breeders' Cup you must put on your watch list, it's TEXAS FEVER from the Juvenile Turf 10/26. Offered in my selections as the Best Value horse in the new BC event, watch the replay of this Mike Stidham/Stonerside trainee as he gets hipchecked at the top of the stretch by the runner-up and loses his action. After re-gathering, the 42-1 shot is then checked as many as three times with Gomez continually trying to find an opening. Every time a seam appears, someone jumps up to block the Victory Gallop colt.

Texas Fever never stopped trying, and once clear past the sixteenth pole, still surges forward to finish 6th, beaten a length and two noses for third and less than 4L for everything. His performance should produce the ultimate 'hidden horse' (as Andy cites them), as the chart caller does not bother to note Texas Fever's journey down the lane. In addition to the trouble late, Texas Fever was 4 wide down the backstretch and checked hard earlier in the trip. But the most notable issues came in the crucial stages, and with the replay easily available, I urge everyone to see Texas Fever's effort for themselves.

I also spoke to Stidham at length Sunday, and he and the Stonerside team were thrilled with Texas Fever's try and saw exactly what I describe above as well. They knew going in they had a really nice horse, and while they exit the Cup with nothing to show for it, are very excited about his future.

gales0678
10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
nice catch Steve , i will be watching this one

I know execues are bad but, Coa said that LP's didn't want to lift a foot in that mud. She will get some time off and we shall see next Feb in Florida.

the_fat_man
10-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Wasn't it obvious out of the gate that LP was SWIMMING, while (most) of the others were running?

Zaf
10-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Bang on Steve. With a little luck we would of scored out on Friday ! Gonna watch this one closely :)

fantini33
10-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Sweet pick up. Maybe one of the most troubled trips I've seen in a long time.

Maybe worth going back to previous Texas Fever races and taking a long look at some of those he has defeated.

I seem to recall a guest on the show, can't recall who exactly, thinking that Blackberry Road and/or Chitoz may be worth watching going forward. These are the two that finished 2nd & 3rd to Texas Fever back on 9/29 on the synthetic at Turfway Park in the Grade III Kentucky Cup Juvenile.

That thought seems validated with Texas Fever running like he did on Friday.

Chitoz is a Pletcher trained that just couldn't get past Fever that day, but was certainly game in trying. Blackberry Road had some trouble at the top of the lane and really came late as Bo-rail got him stuck there, before swinging out for some open real estate. Blackberry Road has faced the likes of Wicked Style and Kodiac Cowboy in his short career, as well as breaking his maiden against the Asmussen trained Bold Trust. Not bad company.

Just some thoughts to further the possibilities to cash in based on the astute observations of the talented Mr. Byk.

KY_Sasquash
10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Sweet pick up. Maybe one of the most troubled trips I've seen in a long time.

Maybe worth going back to previous Texas Fever races and taking a long look at some of those he has defeated.

I seem to recall a guest on the show, can't recall who exactly, thinking that Blackberry Road and/or Chitoz may be worth watching going forward. These are the two that finished 2nd & 3rd to Texas Fever back on 9/29 on the synthetic at Turfway Park in the Grade III Kentucky Cup Juvenile.

That thought seems validated with Texas Fever running like he did on Friday.

Chitoz is a Pletcher trained that just couldn't get past Fever that day, but was certainly game in trying. Blackberry Road had some trouble at the top of the lane and really came late as Bo-rail got him stuck there, before swinging out for some open real estate. Blackberry Road has faced the likes of Wicked Style and Kodiac Cowboy in his short career, as well as breaking his maiden against the Asmussen trained Bold Trust. Not bad company.

Just some thoughts to further the possibilities to cash in based on the astute observations of the talented Mr. Byk.

I noticed that as well in the KY Cup. He was entered to run in the G3 Iroquois this past Sunday at Churchill, but was scratched. Definitely one to keep an eye on and probably will get inflated odds on him.

northeastbound123
03-17-2008, 01:18 PM
back on the grass Sat. at FG. Any thoughts???

Kasept
03-17-2008, 01:58 PM
back on the grass Sat. at FG. Any thoughts???
"I am Jack's broken heart.."

Nothing has worked since the BC...

northeastbound123
03-17-2008, 02:19 PM
quote from fight club? this one really must have done a number on you