PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribean-Dead Man's Chest

Buffymommy
07-07-2006, 09:04 AM
If you liked the first movie, then you will like the second one. Very action packed, little romance, humor. Overall I would highly recommend it.

Exceller
07-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Excellent. I plan on seeing it tomorrow. If Keira Knightly would just eat a little more she would be perfect.

Buffymommy
07-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Orlando Bloom looked very very HOT in this movie. Never liked him before, even in the first movie.

Dunbar
07-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Orlando Bloom looked very very HOT in this movie. Never liked him before, even in the first movie.

You didn't like him as Legolas in Lord of the Rings?! I thought every woman on the planet swooned over Legolas!

--Dunbar

ninetoone
07-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry Buffy, this movie was just OK at best. Way too long, and not even close to the first one. I was pretty disappointed. 2 stars out of 4 in my opinion.

Swap Fliparoo
07-09-2006, 10:26 PM
From the previews I wasn't even sure he was IN this one...

Whew!

Buffymommy
07-10-2006, 08:43 AM
You didn't like him as Legolas in Lord of the Rings?! I thought every woman on the planet swooned over Legolas!

--Dunbar

Never saw any of the Lord of the Rings movies. Sorry. I don't know why but I never really wanted to see them. I guess it just wasn't my thing.

Sorry you didn't like it 921. I really enjoyed it. I did watch a midnight showing of it so maybe I was tired when I watched it, but I thought the movie flew by. I looked up and it was 2am already. I am still walking around saying "I've got a jar of dirt!"

alysheba4
07-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Sorry Buffy, this movie was just OK at best. Way too long, and not even close to the first one. I was pretty disappointed. 2 stars out of 4 in my opinion.........yeah, i was so bummed....... terrible script, not even close to the 1st one.:(

Cajungator26
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
........yeah, i was so bummed....... terrible script, not even close to the 1st one.:(

I wasn't impressed either. 2 out of 4 stars for me too...

SentToStud
07-13-2006, 08:15 AM
I wasn't impressed either. 2 out of 4 stars for me too...

Wife and I saw the movie.... I thought it was a snoozefest. Only a couple sharp elbows to the ribs prevented me from a nice nap. Orlando Bloom can suck the energy out of any scene. Wife said he had to wear a chest wig (huh?) for his role in Troy. What's up with that?!?

Buffymommy
07-13-2006, 08:39 AM
So far, I am the only one who liked this movie I guess. Sorry that ya didn't. And I am not even a Johnny Depp fan.

chupster2
07-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Hey, I'm looking forward to it. I've heard of plenty of people who enjoyed it. It isn't like the first one was a master film. IT was just fun. That's all I'm looking for in a film like this. ANd, I'm sorry, but 2 hours of Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom can't be all bad.

Buffymommy
07-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Hey, I'm looking forward to it. I've heard of plenty of people who enjoyed it. It isn't like the first one was a master film. IT was just fun. That's all I'm looking for in a film like this. ANd, I'm sorry, but 2 hours of Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom can't be all bad.

I guess that is what I liked about the movie. It entertained me. I had fun watching it. That is what I want in a movie-to be entertained.

TeddyRex
07-16-2006, 04:23 PM
The first one was MUCH better. I wish I could have edited #2 myself. Way too long. (Did you know that Gladiator was over 3 hours long?-I never checked my watch once).

slotdirt
07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
I beg of everyone to avoid You, Me, and Dupree. I'm reasonably certain Catwoman was a better movie.

boldruler
07-24-2006, 09:33 AM
The first one was MUCH better. I wish I could have edited #2 myself. Way too long. (Did you know that Gladiator was over 3 hours long?-I never checked my watch once).

I couldn't have said it better myself. Now they have us waiting for number 3 too with that ridiculous ending.

Pointg5
07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
I Fell asleep, I have no idea how it ended, I did not like this one as much as the first one...

Saw Superman, I actually hated all of the other Superman Movies, but liked this one...

whorstman
07-24-2006, 06:39 PM

Saw it yesterday, Got to admit, was about 20 min too long. Good flick though. I liked it. About the same as the 1st. Probably not the blockbuster that earned all the doe it has, but good movie. Really has there been a movie worthy that has been made in the last few years. Seems like Holly is running out of ideas.