PDA

View Full Version : Los Al tonight.

bigjag0716
07-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Okay, I know what's the first thing you people will say. "why are you betting that track in the first place?" lol. Anyways, did anyone watch race 2 from Los Alamitos tonight? The race was a 4 1/2 tb race and had 8 original runners, 2 were early scratches and 1 got scratched before they entered the gate. So they had 5 runners left, but still had superfecta wagering available, they ran the race and the favorite broke down, the rider of the 2nd choice horse fell out, leaving only 3 runners.

Only 3 horses finished the race and after having a lengthy inquiry sign up, they decided to pay out the superfecta for the two horses that didn't finish the race. Everyone at my local OTB was pissed off that the race wasn't declared a no contest, let alone they didn't even at least refund the superfecta. I only would've gotten back 12 dollars from the race, but I just don't think that that's right of them to do what they did. Anyone ever see something like that happend before? horses that didn't even finish the race received a placing. The B.S. that track pulls of sometimes.

bigjag0716
07-28-2007, 01:21 AM
To add to my original post, the two horses that didn't finish the race we're placed 4th in two different payouts. They we're both around 250 dollars for a buck.

westcoastinvader
07-30-2007, 01:04 AM
To add to my original post, the two horses that didn't finish the race we're placed 4th in two different payouts. They we're both around 250 dollars for a buck.

That's quite a story to tell for awhile. The positive is that when told, you can always accurately state you actually had a vested interest in the outcome.

I was in Chicago when 3 horses in a harness race at Sportsman Park happened to die in unconnected circumstances in the same race. About 17 to 20 years ago.

That was the race that permanently cured me from betting harness, though I didn't have a bet on it.

bigjag0716
07-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Very interesting story. Very sad indeed, Harness is tricky anyways. Later on that night, I was thinking about how sad it was that a horse broke down, I guess I got a little selfish around that time. I'm still mad at what Los Al did, I think they should be investigated. They've fixed a few photo's in the past before also. I need to stop betting that track.

westcoastinvader
07-31-2007, 11:15 PM
Very interesting story. Very sad indeed, Harness is tricky anyways. Later on that night, I was thinking about how sad it was that a horse broke down, I guess I got a little selfish around that time. I'm still mad at what Los Al did, I think they should be investigated. They've fixed a few photo's in the past before also. I need to stop betting that track.

Aside from the fixing part, I just flat out do not enjoy betting the quarter horses. I'm really minimally motivated to even pretend to what to spend time handicapping them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching quarter horse races if that's all there is to see. But, not to bet on them.

I have bet on NASCAR on a few occasions. I nailed the Kevin Harvick win at Daytona at about 17-1 earlier this year. So it's not like I'm a betting snob, or anything!

(I doubt there are any NASCAR fans here, but you should have heard me on that last lap!)

bigjag0716
08-04-2007, 05:05 AM
I agree, Quarter horses aren't my favorite, but the way my schedule works, sometimes I can't make it out to the track until nightime. The race was actually a 4 and a half furlong tb race, but I get what you mean.

bigjag0716
08-04-2007, 05:05 AM
Aside from the fixing part, I just flat out do not enjoy betting the quarter horses. I'm really minimally motivated to even pretend to what to spend time handicapping them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching quarter horse races if that's all there is to see. But, not to bet on them.

I have bet on NASCAR on a few occasions. I nailed the Kevin Harvick win at Daytona at about 17-1 earlier this year. So it's not like I'm a betting snob, or anything!

(I doubt there are any NASCAR fans here, but you should have heard me on that last lap!)

Adding one more thing, I heard that you can beat a sort of exacta/trifecta type thing with Nascar? is that true? I wouldn't, but i'm just curious.