PDA

View Full Version : Flooded!!!

somerfrost
06-28-2006, 08:33 AM
We got hit bad last night in Chambersburg...looks pretty bad in DC and Harrisburg as well! I have 24-26 inches of water in my basement waiting for plummer to get here with pump....mine obviously failed! Washer, dryer, water heater, all basement furniture destroyed...gonna be a big clean-up! Local homes and trailer parks evacuated...most rivers will crest tonight or tomorrow above flood stage...mother nature sure gets pissed-off at times!

dr. fager
06-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Somer,
sorry to hear about all the damage, hope you and the family (all the pets included) are all ok. Pretty bad in New Cumberland too, luckily I'm in a 2nd floor apartment. Hopefully it'll dry up soon.

31lengths
06-28-2006, 08:41 AM
We got hit bad last night in Chambersburg...looks pretty bad in DC and Harrisburg as well! I have 24-26 inches of water in my basement waiting for plummer to get here with pump....mine obviously failed! Washer, dryer, water heater, all basement furniture destroyed...gonna be a big clean-up! Local homes and trailer parks evacuated...most rivers will crest tonight or tomorrow above flood stage...mother nature sure gets pissed-off at times!

I'm sorry to hear that, somer. Seems like she has been getting angrier every year lately....

Hang in there.

somerfrost
06-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah, just got off the phone with the insurance company...no coverage for surface water! Will be interesting...oh well, at least the animals and us are dry and ok!

Downthestretch55
06-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Somerfrost,
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
I'm a bit concerned about Sumitas as he lives in Binghamton, and that's under a lot of water now.
Delaware county, NY is under a state of emergency, and the headwaters of the Delaware River, where I live, are near the top of the bank but not over.
Much worse downstream on the Delaware and Susquehanna.
Good luck.
DTS

Buffymommy
06-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I am soooo sorry Somer. I hope everything works out.

paisjpq
06-28-2006, 11:16 AM
sorry bout your luck somer. it's pissing down rain here in VT too. We haven't gotten the same volume but it rains every day. Governor declared state a disaster last week cause farmers can't plant crops or bale hay--this summer blows.

ArlJim78
06-28-2006, 03:53 PM

that really sounds like a mess! what a pain in the rear.
Yesterday I drove from Chicago to Baltimore, 12.5 hours. The last 4 hours was in a steady rain. Everyone around here is talking about the soaking over the past week or so.

Gander
06-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Do what any degenearte gambler would do...try and win back what the flood cost you. Have a figure in mind and go bet the rats and see if you cant get even on the flood.

Downthestretch55
06-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Sumitas,
You usually post something during the day.
Today I haven't seen you around.
I hope you're OK.
DTS